Advertising BlurbsPress Release:
- American Civil War (1861 AD-1868 AD)-The bloodiest war in American history is recreated with a new leader in command. Scenario includes several new period units designed specifically for this war between the states.
- Alien Invasion (sometime in the future)-Here come the Hodads! Vicious monsters from space have landed and already devastated most of the Earth's population. Who will stop them?
- After the Apocalypse (2010 AD-2040 AD)-The worldwide nuclear devastation is in the history books. Can the ashes be rebuilt in this strange new world?
- Alexander the Great (335 BC-332BC)
- Jihad: The Rise of Islam (624 AD-750 AD)
- The Crusades (1050 AD-1250 AD)
- The Mongol Horde (1206 AD-1340 AD)
- Age of Discovery (1492 AD-1741 AD)
- The War of Independence (1775 AD-1785 AD)
- The Age of Napoleon (1798 AD-1820 AD)
- The Great War (WWI) (1914 AD-1920)
- World War: 1979
- The Cholera of Zeus
- The Conquest of Britain
- Cross and Crescent
- The Fall of the Great Kesh
- East Wind, Rain
- Persian Gulf War
- Native Rebellion
MICROPROSE'S NEW EXPANSION DISC EXTENDS STRATEGIC GAME PLAY WITH 20 NEW CHALLENGES AND WORLDS TO CONQUER
SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION(R) II SCENARIOS
CD-ROM Features "Conflicts in Civilization" Themes
Alameda, CA, November 5, 1996 -- "Simply the best" (Strategy Plus, June 1996) is how most game critics refer to the successful worldwide top-selling strategy game Sid Meier's Civilization II. Spectrum HoloByte, Inc. (Nasdaq NMS: SBYT) announced today the shipment of Sid Meier's Civilization II Scenarios, an expansion disc with 20 new exciting challenges of "Conflicts in Civilization" designed for additional game play. The CD-ROM featuring 12 new scenarios developed by the creators of Sid Meier's Civilization II and eight additional scenarios developed by avid Civ II game players is shipping under the MicroProse(R) brand name.
To date, Sid Meier's Civilization II, the "world-building" strategy title, has generated sales of over 600,000 units worldwide and continues to rank as one of the top three games on U.S. charts since its initial release in March 1996, according to PC Data (U.S.). Earning numerous awards including the PC Gamer's Editor's Choice Award, Computer Game Review's Golden Triad Award and British Interactive Multimedia Association's Best Game Award, Sid Meier's Civilization II has become one of the most acclaimed entertainment software strategy games of all time.
Sid Meier's Civilization II Scenarios features a new and original music soundtrack, powerful, new macro language for scenario builders, and scenarios from the "Best of the Net" which feature the impressive and challenging scenarios created by die-hard Civ II gamers.
Twelve New Scenarios Include:
Plus Eight Scenarios from the "Best of the Net"The disc includes eight scenarios created by avid fans reflecting the popularity of and enthusiasm for Civ II.
# # #
Spectrum HoloByte, Inc. is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for use on CD-ROM-based personal computer systems. The company is also developing software for use on next generation console machines. The company's five development studios are Spectrum HoloByte California, Alameda, California; MicroProse Software, Hunt Valley, Maryland; MicroProse Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; MicroProse Limited, Chipping Sodbury, England; and SimTex Software Corporation, Austin, Texas. Products are available nationally and internationally through major distributors, retailers and mass merchants.
Contributed by Jeanne (75433) on Apr 24, 2004.
...again and again.
With 20 new challenges.
Sid Meier's Civilization II Scenarios delivers more worlds to conquer and more long nights! The expansion disc includes 12 brand-new scenarios developed by the creators of Sid Meier's Civilization II and enhanced with new advances and units. Completing the collection are 8 additional scenarios developed by avid game players of Sid Meier's Civilization II.
Contributed by Jeff Sinasac (316) on May 27, 2000.