Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - DOS (US Interplay Re-release):
- See and hear Hollywood actors play the roles of SimCity officials including the Newscaster, Police Chief, Fire Chief and more. Through full-screen 'Video Pops', your officials will constantly update you on the city's health and will even warn you if things are headed for disaster.
- Drop in for a quick 'Peek' at the individual lives of your SimCitizens… you'll get an up-close and personal view of the people which inhabit your evolving metropolis.
- Intense film footage of natural disasters brings real-life drama to your computer screen.
- Test your leadership abilities with eight built in city scenarios.
- Design unlimited cities from the ground up. Lay roads, build power plants and factories, place zones and guide the development of an entire metropolis.
- Make decisions that lead cities to prosperity or ruin. You're in charge of the lives, homes, hopes and dreams of your citizens!
- Experience the realism of 256-color Super VGA graphics.
- Call upon Audio On-Line Help to receive spoken descriptions of game controls and features.
First you simulated
SimCity, the Original City Simulator stretched the boundaries of entertainment software. Now, one of the best-selling games in the world goes multimedia with Interplay's SimCity Enhanced CD-ROM. A multimedia showcase of video and audio technology, SimCity Enhanced CD-ROM lets you see, hear and feel the action as you design and build the city of your dreams. With full motion video, digitized speech and a talented cast of actors, your cities and the SimCitizens that dwell in them come to life. Do well by your people and they'll give you their hardy thanks. Mess up, and you'll watch as natural disasters, crime and poor planning destroy your creation.
Now experience it.
"Games Simply Don't Get Any Better Than This."
-- Compute Magazine
Contributed by Jeanne (75620) on Sep 23, 2009.