1001 Video Games
The Sims 3
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
There was a The Sims
launch party in Singapore on June 2, 2009 that was open to anyone who had pre-ordered the game. There the coupons could be exchanged for the game itself and there were free T-shirts for the first 300 men and 300 women who attended.
The Sims 3
was the best-selling physical retail Mac/PC game in the United States in 2009, where it sold 1.4 million units in its first week of availability alone.
recorded his score for The Sims 3
with a 40-piece string and woodwind orchestra, as well as choir, at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV and
- 2009 - Best Simulation in 2009 (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 - Best Simulation in 2009 (Reader's Choice)
- 2010 – Best Simulation of the Year
- Game Informer
- June 2009 (issue 195) - PC Game of the Month
- 2009 - Best Strategy Game in 2009 (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 - Best Strategy Game in 2009 (Reader's Choice)