DescriptionWalter Jones, an eccentric billionaire, is found dead on the Maldivian island of Sagorah. There, he had built an enormous Art Deco tower that he hoped to turn into an exclusive holiday resort. His death seems like a nightly accident at first, but turns out to be a mysterious murder. Furthermore, a heavy storm is raging, almost cutting off the island from the rest of the world. At the time of Walter Jones' death, there are eight people staying in Jones' pompous hotel: his grandchildren with their spouses, his lawyer, and the tower's architect. Two native Maldivians live nearby.
This traditional point-and-click adventure game is a classical Who Dunnit. As inspector Jack Norm, you have to investigate which of the suspects might have a reason to want Walter Jones dead, talk to everybody, collect evidence or compare fingerprints. Your PPA (Personal Police Assistant), a kind of inventory/recording device, helps you during your inquiries.
Sinking Island can be played in two modes: in real-time mode, it's a race against time. In adventure mode, you can go through each place at your own pace.
- "Б. Сокаль. Sinking Island" -- Russian title
- "Sinking Island: un'indagine di Jack Norm" -- Italian title
- "Sinking Island: Mord im Paradies" -- German title
- "Sinking Island: Moord in het Paradijs" -- Dutch title
- "Sinking Island: A Jack Norm investigation" -- Scandinavian title
- "L'île Noyée" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
|A decent game for detective murder mystery buffs||Jeanne (75358)|
|Poirot without the moustache||Joakim Kihlman (269)|
|Just Adventure||Sep 29, 2008||A||100|
|Adventure Corner||Oct 14, 2007||87 out of 100||87|
|Adventure-Treff||Oct 14, 2007||77 out of 100||77|
|Games32||Feb 05, 2008||73 out of 100||73|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar, 2008||72 out of 100||72|
|Gamona||Oct 13, 2007||71 out of 100||71|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Feb 12, 2008||69 out of 100||69|
|Cheat Code Central||Sep, 2008||3.4 out of 5||68|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct 31, 2007||68 out of 100||68|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Benoît Sokal's Sinking Island Interview (on YouGamer.com (June 1, 2007))
- Legacy Games (Download Sinking Island)
- L'île Noyée (Official website)
- Sinking Island (Official German website)
- Sinking Island (Encore's product page for Sinking Island)
- Sokal Interview - Sinking Island (Adventure Lantern interviews Benoît Sokal about the design and creation of his then upcoming game, Sinking Island (December, 2007).)
- UHS Hints for Sinking Island (Question and answer hint system provides graduated answers so you get only as much help as you need to solve the game.)