Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

Breath of Fire (SNES)

Written by  :  LepricahnsGold (77787)
Written on  :  Aug 31, 2005
Platform  :  SNES

read more reviews by LepricahnsGold

Summary

Not too bad, overall...

The Good

I liked the story. It had a fair depth to it. The characters were good also. I liked the depth of some of their stories. It was also nice that you didn't learn each character's total story right away but only as you played the game. And for some characters, you don't get their total story until much later in the game. It was cool that you can become a dragon in battle (later in the game). A dragon that you become near the end of the game is MAJOR powerful.

The Bad

The plot is rather linear, requiring you to complete certain steps before moving on. There are very few "Let me go explore here, first" options.. And towards the end of the game, the dragon you (and your party) can become is TOO powerful. It makes the last battle too easy. This dragon has 999 hit points! It was rather disconcerting to, at one point, fight what looked like a little girl. But I got over it.

The Bottom Line

Overall, a good game with a rather neat story. There are good characters and interesting castles, cities and dungeons. In this game, you, the main character, can learn to become a dragon! That is cool but a dragon near the end of the game is too powerful.