DescriptionCool Spot is a colorful 2D platform game featuring the 7-Up mascot as the main protagonist. The game objective is fairly simple and straightforward. The player character has to collect enough number of cool points throughout each level in order to find and rescue his captured uncool Spot buddies and complete the game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Spot and the Quest for Cool" -- Informal title
- "クールスポット" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|One of the most iconic characters of advertising gets a game. And it's actually good.||Steelysama (106)|
|Total! (Germany)||Oct, 1993||1.25 out of 6||95|
|Entertainment Weekly||Jun 25, 1993||A-||91|
|Nintendo Magasinet (Denmark)||Feb 24, 1994||9 out of 10||90|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Sep 13, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Mega Fun||Nov, 1993||85 out of 100||85|
|VicioJuegos.com||Oct 08, 2008||84 out of 100||84|
|Play Time||Nov, 1993||83 out of 100||83|
|Video Games||Oct, 1993||81 out of 100||81|
|The Video Game Critic||Sep 21, 2012||B||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 04, 2010||14 out of 20||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
FilesIn the PC version, there are two batch files (UKVER.BAT and USVER.BAT) in the Cool Spot game directory. UKVER.BAT makes the game "British" by removing the 7-up logo from the bottle displayed in the title screen. USVER.BAT on the other hand returns the 7-up logo.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1995 – #3 Best Dexterity Game in 1994 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Game Map (Sega Master System) ()
- Let's Play Advergames (judge reinhold's playthrough of several advergames, including this one, on the Let's Play Archive)
- Wikipedia: Cool Spot (Information about Cool Spot at Wikipedia)