Final Fight (SNES)

Written by  :  MasterMegid (897)
Written on  :  Apr 05, 2006
Platform  :  SNES

read more reviews by MasterMegid

Summary

If only this was the final fight...

The Good

The Graphics…No. The Music…No. The Gameplay…No. The only thing that I can think of that makes this game good is how it makes every other “Beat em up”, look so much better.

The Bad

Talking about the bad is always more fun. Okay for starters, this is bad port of a bad arcade game. The Gameplay is weak at best and horrible at worst. The characters move as if all there joints are stiff. The animations are laughably bad. I.e. the enemy whom is trying to hug you. There are no special moves…why? The “Action” is redundant and simply not fun. And the level transitions are odd, you go from a subway to fighting pit…what the?

The Graphics are poor, and enemy designs go through to many palette swaps. Not even the bosses or playable characters are well designed.

The Sound and Music might as well not be there. As they are sub-par. The music basically sounds like really bad jazz.

The Story, I saved the best for last. Metro City(Stupid Name). Is under siege from the Mad Gear Gang(Hah!). And the ex-fighter now mayor, Jesse Ventura oops I mean Haggar, intends to clean up the street, his daughter is kidnapped and will be killed if he does not back off. So what does he do? He goes after them with his idiot pal Cody. Hmm now Haggar was told to back off…yet he ignores this warning and goes after Mad Gear…right. What if they killed his daughter? Apparently this never occurred to either Haggar or Capcom.

The Bottom Line

I cannot recommend this game in good conscious. As it is a bad port of a bad game. Play Streets of Rage, or Golden Axe instead.