Jurassic Park (SNES)

Written by  :  Classix (95)
Written on  :  Jan 25, 2006
read more reviews by Classix

Summary

A good game for the rainy days...

The Good

Jurassic Park is definitely a fun game. The graphics are good and the FPS area is really, really fun. I love blasting away Raptors in 3-D. Basically, you have to run around, killing dinosaurs and completing missions to save the world or something. As you explore more, you are introduced to many different dinosaurs that all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Some are small and wimpy, but some are huge and deadly, like the T-rex. The raptors are pretty killer too. They generally come in a pack. This game requires a lot of skill to complete all of the missions and survive. You get a bunch of continues, but it's still hard. I remember when I first got this game, the X button on my controller broke and I couldn't pick up weapons. So I ran around trying to kill everything with a taser. That's always fun. Anyway, this is a fun game but I wouldn't play it all the time because after long enough, you'll get bored and won't want to play it. It is a great game though and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good game to add to their collection.

The Bad

YOU CAN'T KILL THE STUPID T-REX! I played this game for an impossibly long period of time before I figured that out. That's probably the greatest downfall of the entire game. I wish you could kill that stupid T-rex. Also, I didn't like that the one type of dinosaur, the one that stampeded, doesn't move at all until you shoot it. You'd think it would have to eat or something... Also, I don't like the narrow passages that you know you should be able to go through, but just barely can't fit. I think the game should also have more levels to play in.

The Bottom Line

Jurassic Park for the SNES is a fun game. It's a good game to play for short periods of time, unless you actually want to beat it, because you'll start to get tired of it after a while. It's definitely a great game to play. You'll like this game if you like action games or strategy games. The FPS mode is just an added bonus. There are many weapons to attack with and many dinosaurs to make this a very fun game.