Killer Instinct (SNES)

Written by  :  ThE oNe (178)
Written on  :  Oct 19, 2002
Platform  :  SNES

read more reviews by ThE oNe

Summary

A must have, never mind the age

The Good

#1 Graphics The Graphics are excellent (for the snes). Characters look 3D, and can be distuingished from other fighting games with their cartoony animation. The graphics in this game from the characters to the stages will keep you off your seat.

#2 Sound Although the sound effects are kind of dumb sometimes, the music is nothing to laugh at. Backround music is incredibly cool, as each character has their own, unlike Mortal Kombat. Plus, since the SNES can't really pump out excellent quality , jump off the chair music, a soundtrack CD is included with some of the best tunes Ive ever heard!

#3 Everything Else! All the characters are perfectly balanced out, and they all look great. There are no same characters over and over with few changes like in the MK series (Rain, SubZero, Scorpion, Ermac, Noob Saibot). While there may not be as much as MK3 & UMK3, the characters it does have are excellent, from their appearance to their type.

The Bad

There was absoulutely NOTHING wrong with this game, other than the fact that if you played single player on very easy, you can't fight the boss or see a character ending.

The Bottom Line

This game truly amazes me, and I still play it all the time.

My Rating ( 5 / 5 ) = solid gold