How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Kirby Super Star (SNES)

Written by  :  Josh Private (Last name, it's not private) (3)
Written on  :  Oct 20, 2003
Platform  :  SNES

read more reviews by Josh Private (Last name, it's not private)

Summary

Kirby's Best Game...It can't be beat by other Kirby games

The Good

First off, I have to say the cool thing about Kirby's Super Star is that it is 8 never released Kirby games in 1 cartridge! That's right, 8 games in 1! All these games are very fun in their own right. Spring Breeze is a remake of Kirby on Game Boy, but with power ups and in color. Dynablade is a cool game where you go through this world, and after fight a giant bird. Very fun! Great Cave Offensive has you searching through artifacts in a huge jungle, one of my personal favorites. Gourmet Race has you race King DeDeDe across 3 race tracks, eating food along the way...very fun, too! Megaton Punch is a mini game where Kirby has a meter trying to punch the earth in half. Samurai Kirby has Kirby in an Japanese style mini game, where Kirby has to kill the other enemy in a draw. There are also some unlockable games, but I don't want to spoil them. The graphics were superb for Super Nintendo, and I find myself humming tunes of the games at times of the day! This game even has a 2 player mode...making you come back for more, you'll never get bored of it, trust me! ;)

The Bad

The only ugly, pathetic thing about this game...is that the difficulty is very low. But Masahiro Sakurai (Kirby's creator) intended for Kirby games to be games anyone could beat...so fairly, he accomplished his goal. But it's a shame they didn't make it a bit harder. Also, since this was released in 1996, when the Nintendo64 was out, not many copies were made...so it's very hard to find nowadays.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Kirby Super Star is a very fun game(s). It has fun games, good graphics, fun tunes, great 2 player mode, high replay value...Kirby's Super Star has it all! And is the perfect party game. ( I know only 2 sockets, but hey, you could take turns, eat junk food, etc.) If I were to rate Kirby's Super Star on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 10 in every way! It's just shame it wasn't that hard, but hey, nothing's perfect! I'd recommend Kirby's Super Star to: casual gamers, People who don't play games much (great for those people), and all platform fanatics! It's very hard to find! But if you do find it, and even it's for a high price, buy it, it rules! =)