The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

4.2
Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Jan 05, 2004
Platform  :  SNES

read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

Definitely in the top 5 SNES games of all time.

The Good

Talk about a game that requires you to lock yourself in your room and cut off all forms of socialization. Thats what I did when I first bought this game. It was an instant hook. It was the only title besides FinalFantasy2 that I was longing for that badly and it was the first Zelda for the 16bit era! I knew from the first 5 seconds of this game that it was going to rule, and it did.

The graphics and sound undoubtedly improved 1000% from the NES to the SNES so we finally get to see Link in his nice new 16 bit outfit. It was a welcomed change. This game had a really sweet, highly detailed and enormous overworld to wander around in and get lost. The combat was so much better than the previous overhead view, it felt like you had total control over link now.

There was a sufficient amount of weapons and items to find and kill with. The overall atmosphere of this game definitely sucks you in to the world of Hyrule and whoever worked on this game should recieve some award for making a flawless adventure game full of life, challenge and entertainment.

The Bad

Nothing. Flawless. Absolutely flawless.

The Bottom Line

This game will forever be near the center of the adventure game hall of fame of the 16bit era. Definitely worth playing, you won't be sorry.