DescriptionNHL 96 was the first EA Sports game to feature Virtual Stadium technology, which resulted in a 3D feel and multiple camera angles. The NHL license ensures that real teams and players of the era are included, with a full league and playoff system. Many game options can be toggled - the infamous fighting is optional, as are the penalties and offsides. The control system makes it possible to execute one-touch passes, and several special trick moves to quickly advance the ball. As a bonus feature, it included Hockey Card profiles of every player on CD and interviews with the stars of the game.
- "NHL Hockey 96" -- DOS in-game title
- "NHL Hockey" -- US budget release title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the SNES release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Joypad||Oct, 1995||92 out of 100||92|
|Super Power (Sweden)||Nov, 1995||90 out of 100||90|
|Consoles Plus||Oct, 1995||89 out of 100||89|
|Game Players||Oct, 1995||89 out of 100||89|
|Mega Fun||Oct, 1995||88 out of 100||88|
|GamePro (US)||Oct, 1995||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Total! (Germany)||Jan, 1996||3 out of 6||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- June 1996 (Issue #143) – Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- Game Players
- 1995 (Vol. 8, No. 13) - Best Genesis Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #18 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1996 - Best Sports Game in 1995
Related Web Sites
- NHL 96 (official website)