In early Japan, a man named Shiro Tokisada Amakusa preaches a heretic religion. Little does anyone know that Amakusa is really a servant of the evil Ambrosia, who took over Amakusa's body. Ambrosia wishes to shroud the world in darkness.
Now, choose between 12 warriors (and 3 bonus characters) to fight for the honor of destroying Amakusa, and fulfilling a mission.
- "侍魂" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Samurai Spirits" -- Japanese title
- "Samurai Shodown! - Pocket Fighting Series" -- Neo Geo Pocket title
- "Samurai Shodown 1" -- Informal name
- "Nettou Samurai Spirits" -- Japanese Game Boy title
- "サムライスピリッツ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the SNES release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
Strangely enough, when the 3DO version was released in Japan, it was under the overseas name instead of the original Japanese title.
Either coincidence or not, the ninja Hattori Hanzo is actually a real samurai in medieval Japan. The "real" Hattori Hanzo served under the daimyo Tokugawa Ieyasu. Fans of Nobunaga's Ambition
will recognize this.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV and
- Vol.6, Issue 2 - Fighting Game of the Year 1993 (Editors' Choice)