How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Stunt Race FX (SNES)

Written by  :  Shaun Cox (3)
Written on  :  Sep 29, 2005
read more reviews by Shaun Cox

Summary

handsome racer for its time

The Good

I was a big SNES fan, the megadrive , even though i owned one, lay beneath my bed unused, for me Nintendo were , at that period of video games, the ones with the most imagination, craft and addictive games and this was one of them. Stunt Race FX used the same formular as StarFox (StarWing in the UK) which was the FX chip, which enabled 3-D motion graphics , that were strikingly impressive for the most part. The game itself placed you in control of cute type cars , racing around various tracks that had a lot of craft about them. It played well, the controls were pretty easy once you got used to them. Graphics were excellent but the sound effects and music were quite dull.

The Bad

The sound effects and music were boring to me. Although the game had a cutesy feel to it, i expected better sound.

The Bottom Line

A typical Nintendo crafted video game. Great graphics and gameplay and one , sadly, is forgotten amongst a lot of people but I will remember fondly and would be great for your young kids to play if you still have a SNES lying around somewhere. You will probably be able to download this game via the new console - Nintendo Revolution , next year, which has a twenty year catalouge of games to download via their new online service, prices for downloads to be confirmed.