🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Solar Fox > Another game made by them.

Edwin Drost (9474) on 1/31/2017 4:31 PM · Permalink · Report

I know...I know, it should not be here, but I actually have no idea where to put this.

They also made Kickman in 1981. An obscure Arcade game (that later was ported on cartridge for the C64 by Commodore) where you are a clown on an unicycle. In the first level you've to get under the balloons to pop them. Later on you've to catch them on your head to form columns.

The problem is that when the columns are getting higher you'll have lesser time to react. Luckily, you can kick the balloon when it is close to you and if you catch the Pacman (Yes THE Pacman) it will eat the balloons.

There is also a bonus round where you have to catch balloons while getting bombarded by bombs. (As far I can remember it is not in the C64 game) In French the C64 version is called "L'Équilibriste".

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/31/2017 7:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Interesting. Sounds like a combination of Hatris and Circus (and maybe Kaboom!?).

The Bounty Board might be the right place for this kind of post.

Edwin Drost (9474) on 2/1/2017 4:02 PM · Permalink · Report

I've included the game myself and I'm hoping that the spelling and/or grammar is okay and the text understandable.

Edit: I accidentally overlooked the name of the company and made a new one until I spotted the correct name. Ooops. Sorry about that. The thing is that you cannot cancel it and prevent it being created. Now you have to drop and abandon it. If you know what I mean.

PS: Sorry, if I am a bit unclear in this.

Tracy Poff (2094) on 2/1/2017 5:10 PM · Permalink · Report

The thing is that you cannot cancel it and prevent it being created. Now you have to drop and abandon it. If you know what I mean.

For most contributable items, you cannot just completely delete them. We keep a record of even abandoned things so we can refer back to them or bring them back if needed. So, don't worry about it.

Edwin Drost (9474) on 2/2/2017 7:56 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure where to put the url that proof the two versions, but;

A flyer;

About the game;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_(video_game)

More to come.

Simon Carless (1834) on 2/2/2017 1:52 PM · Permalink · Report

You can put it in the release 'comments' when you resubmit - paste in some URLs we can look at - thanks!

Edwin Drost (9474) on 2/2/2017 3:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Done.

And THE Pacman goes;

I hope that it is enough in the comments.

Edit: Great...now I got that "music" of that game in my head again. Just like back then I still find it horrendous.