Sonic the Hedgehog Ad Blurbs
When video game icon Sonic The Hedgehog™ debuted on the SEGA® Genesis in 1991, he shook up the action-platform genre with his signature speed and rebellious attitude. More than 44 million units later, Sonic celebrates his fifteenth anniversary and blazes his way onto next-generation consoles for an epic adventure that delivers the most intense sensation of speed experienced to date.
The game is set in the beautiful lagoon city of Soleana. In his first adventure set in the human world, Sonic meets a beautiful princess named Elyse, whom he quickly befriends, but Princess Elyse is abducted by none other than the calculating Dr. Eggman, who is working under dark and sinister motives. In order to restore safety and serenity, Sonic maneuvers his way through a series of adventures and challenges where he encounters and interacts with a bevy of allies and enemies, and ultimately goes head to head against the menacing doctor to thwart his malicious plans.
Along the way, Sonic encounters a mysterious character named Silver. Blocking him with unique supernatural powers, even the Blue dude with 'tude will find it difficult to out-maneuver the enigmatic Silver! As Sonic speeds through the huge kingdom and within the human world, the mysteries unravel.
- Fifteen years in the making: After his 1991 debut, universal video game icon Sonic returns to his high-velocity roots to create a new dimension of entertainment.
- Speed redefined: Utilizing next-gen technologies, light bloom, and environmental motion-blur effects, Sonic’s breakneck speed and dazzling world come to life.
- Amigos and enemies: Sonic is joined by friends and foes from the franchise history, as well as a new character, Silver, whose supernatural powers wreak mayhem on Sonic's plans!
- Realistic world: Using a next-generation physics engine, Sonic’s moves, attacks and environment interaction respond realistically to opposing forces. The dynamic environments have been specifically created to promote Sonic’s sense of speed while delivering a great sense of scale.
- Different stages: In the town stages, Sonic explores vast environments and plays various sub-missions. In the action stages, Sonic's blistering speed is utilized in full effect.
- Multiplayer mode: Up to four players can play as Sonic and his amigos in high-spirited multiplayer fun!
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on Oct 07, 2010.
Sonic makes the leap to the next generation with the incredible Sonic the Hedgehog on
- Witness the rebirth of Sonic with an unparalleled sense of speed that is only possible
using the processing power afforded by PLAYSTATION 3
- Play as one of three playable characters, each with their own partner character and
- Make your way through 11 beautiful stages filled with unique hazards and dangers, along
with special areas only reachable by certain characters.
Sonic and his friends are among the most recognisable icons in video games history. Since
his birth in 1991, Sonic the Hedgehog has spanned several gaming generations, appearing
in over 30 titles that have sold more than 38 million copies worldwide. Now Sonic make
s the leap to the next generation with Sonic the Hedgehog for PLAYSTATION 3.
In Soleanna, the City of Water, lives Princess Elise, The keeper of the Flames of Disaster,
an artifact linked to the famous Chaos Emeralds.
In an attempt to gain control of the Flames of Disaster for his own nefarious ends, Dr.
Eggman kidnaps the Princess. Now it's up to Sonic to set out once again to secure the
Chaos Emeralds and to rescue Princess Elise from the clutches of Eggman.
You'll not only play as Sonic, but also as Shadow the Hedgehog, a dark and mysterious
rival of Sonic's who is able to drive vehicles, and Silver the Hedgehog, a time travelling
hedgehog with psychokinetic powers.
Each character also has a partner character that can join in and help out from time to time
on specific levels, including such favourites as Miles "Tails" Prower, Knuckles the Echidna
and Amy Rose.
Taking the attitude and gameplay of the classic Sonic games and combining it with the kind
of speed that PLAYSTATION 3 can deliver makes Sonic the Hedgehog the pinnacle of
fast-paced platform gaming, as well as a non-stop thrill ride that is sure to please both the
long-time Sonic fans along with a brand new generation of gamers.
Contributed by DreinIX (9499) on Feb 16, 2008.