DescriptionThe ace janitor Roger Wilco thought he'd seen the last of Sludge Vohaul. However, like every evil scientist is supposed to, Vohaul returns with an even meaner scheme. This time he intends to infest the planet Xenon with thousands of genetically engineered door-to-door life insurance salesmen. The last thing he wants is Roger messing things up, and so the brave janitor is captured and brought to the planet Labion to spend the rest of his days working in Vohaul's mines. Fortunately, the shuttle that takes him to the mines crashes, and Roger is the only survivor. He will have to survive the dangers of the jungle planet Labion, and eventually stop Vohaul from executing his mad plan.
Vohaul's Revenge is the sequel to The Sarien Encounter, and the second game in Sierra's humorous Space Quest series of adventure games. The player navigates Roger Wilco around with arrow keys, and interacts with the world by typing commands. Like in the previous game, there are many ways for the player character to die. Much of the gameplay is dedicated to avoiding the many traps and hazards Roger will meet on his way. Some actions must be performed quickly in order to prevent Roger from getting killed.
- "SQ2" -- Common abbreviated title
- "Space Quest: Chapter Two - Vohaul's Revenge" -- In-game title
- "Space Quest 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||DOS||Mar 23, 2011||80|
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Apr, 1989||8 out of 10||80|
|Tilt||Amiga||Apr, 1989||16 out of 20||80|
|Power Play||DOS||Dec, 1988||69 out of 100||69|
|Tilt||Macintosh||Oct, 1988||13 out of 20||65|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||62 out of 100||62|
|Adventure Gamers||Macintosh||Aug 01, 2008||60|
|Zzap!||Amiga||May, 1989||51 out of 100||51|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaWhen you're inside Vohaul's asteroid, go to the bathroom on the 4th floor and enter the booth that isn't occupied. Close the door and type:
Among the responses (just repeat the command a couple of times to read them all) the game gives you there's this one referring to the hero from King's Quest:
"Sir Graham Cross Dresses!"
Another one is:
"Ken was here! (So was Al, but we had to repaint afterward.)"
Ken & Al are of course Sierra developers Ken Williams & Al Lowe.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for SQ2 (These questions and answers will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- "Roger Crawling" screen saver for Windows (Figuring out how to convince the parser that you wanted to hold the glowing orium gem in your mouth was the hard part! Now enjoy the fruits of your labours as Roger kicks in with psychedelically-illuminated wanderings (and a relevant, toggleable MIDI soundtrack) through Labion's caves (including squid!) on your desktop to save your monitor from the anachronistic plague of burn-in. From Chris Geroux, as "ScumSoft".)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga and Apple IIgs versions of Space Quest II: Chapter II - Vohaul's Revenge under Windown Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 2 (Extremely comprehensive site about Space Quest 2: Basic game information, hints, documentation, downloads and behind the scenes stuff, for example a downloadable PDF manual, scans of the official hint book, easter eggs, fun facts, cancelled stuff etc. etc. etc.)