DescriptionThe ace janitor Roger Wilco thought he'd seen the last of Sludge Vohaul. However, like every evil scientist is supposed to, Vohaul returns with an even meaner scheme. This time he intends to infest the planet Xenon with thousands of genetically engineered door-to-door life insurance salesmen. The last thing he wants is Roger messing things up, and so the brave janitor is captured and brought to the planet Labion to spend the rest of his days working in Vohaul's mines. Fortunately, the shuttle that takes him to the mines crashes, and Roger is the only survivor. He will have to survive the dangers of the jungle planet Labion, and eventually stop Vohaul from executing his mad plan.
Vohaul's Revenge is the sequel to The Sarien Encounter, and the second game in Sierra's humorous Space Quest series of adventure games. The player navigates Roger Wilco around with arrow keys, and interacts with the world by typing commands. Like in the previous game, there are many ways for the player character to die. Much of the gameplay is dedicated to avoiding the many traps and hazards Roger will meet on his way. Some actions must be performed quickly in order to prevent Roger from getting killed.
- "SQ2" -- Common abbreviated title
- "Space Quest: Chapter Two - Vohaul's Revenge" -- In-game title
- "Space Quest 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||DOS||Mar 23, 2011||80|
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Apr, 1989||8 out of 10||80|
|Tilt||Amiga||Apr, 1989||16 out of 20||80|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga||Feb, 1988||9.2 out of 12||77|
|The DOS Spirit||DOS||Dec 10, 2012||4.5 out of 6||75|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||63 out of 100||63|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||62 out of 100||62|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1993||62 out of 100||62|
|Adventure Gamers||Macintosh||Aug 01, 2008||60|
|Aventura y Cía||DOS||Apr 28, 2002||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaFor some unexplained reason, Sludge Vohaul's name has mysteriously changed from Slash Vohaul in the first game. (It's not really known why - maybe Sierra thought "Slash" could be taken to sound a little rude for a family game?) Either way, it would remain as Sludge Vohaul for the rest of the series.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for SQ2 (These questions and answers will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- "Roger Crawling" screen saver for Windows (Figuring out how to convince the parser that you wanted to hold the glowing orium gem in your mouth was the hard part! Now enjoy the fruits of your labours as Roger kicks in with psychedelically-illuminated wanderings (and a relevant, toggleable MIDI soundtrack) through Labion's caves (including squid!) on your desktop to save your monitor from the anachronistic plague of burn-in. From Chris Geroux, as "ScumSoft".)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga and Apple IIgs versions of Space Quest II: Chapter II - Vohaul's Revenge under Windown Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 2 (Extremely comprehensive site about Space Quest 2: Basic game information, hints, documentation, downloads and behind the scenes stuff, for example a downloadable PDF manual, scans of the official hint book, easter eggs, fun facts, cancelled stuff etc. etc. etc.)