DescriptionAfter travelling back and forth through time in the previous game, Roger Wilco is back in the Starfleet Acadamy, serving as both a cadet and a janitor. Cheating his way through the Starfleet Aptitude Test, Roger is finally given the rank of captain, his own ship (a garbage scow) and a mission: to explore strange new worlds (which no man in his right mind would explore), to seek out new life and new civilizations (which grew out of the massive amounts of trash Roger will collect on his way), to boldly go where no man has gone before. Step by step Roger will have to unveil a galaxy-wide biohazardous material dumping scheme, solve the mystery of the disappearance of a fellow Starfleet captain and his ship, and confront an agent of an old nemesis.
Space Quest V: The Next Mutation is an adventure game in theSpace Quest series. Like its brethren, it is characterized by humorous writing and situations, as well as plenty of opportunities for the hero to die horribly. The game is entirely mouse-controlled: the player interacts with the world by clicking on locations, people and objects on the screen, cycling between various actions (walking, looking, touching or taking, talking, etc.), by clicking the right mouse button or using the icon bar. The latter also contains icons that allow the player to access Roger's inventory, quit the game or change the settings. The player can sometimes give orders to other characters - Roger's garbage scow has a crew over which he presides.
- "SQ5" -- Common abbreviated / informal title
- "Space Quest 5: La Siguiente Mutación" -- Spanish title
- "Space Quest 5: La Mutation Suivante" -- French title
- "Space Quest 5: Die nächste Mutation" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Janitorial romance||אולג 小奥 (168918)|
|Without a doubt, the best Space Quest||Benjamin Vigeant (8)||unrated|
|Why wasn't this game released on CD-ROM?||*Katakis* (37805)||unrated|
|Had its moments, but the series starts its decline with this game.||Dave Schenet (130)||unrated|
|The weakest Space Quest tries to be an all-out Trek spoof.||WizardX (116)||unrated|
|too short and too few puzzles.. finished it in probably two hours||bertrandom (3)||unrated|
The Press Says
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr, 1993||90 out of 100||90|
|Pelit||Mar, 1993||89 out of 100||89|
|Tilt||Mar, 1993||17 out of 20||85|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Apr, 1993||10 out of 12||83|
|Adventure Gamers||Sep 03, 2010||80|
|Power Play||Apr, 1993||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Player (Germany)||Apr, 1993||77 out of 100||77|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Aug 21, 1998||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaSpace Quest 5 is the second Sierra adventure game to feature product placement by the US-American telephone company Sprint. The first game was Leisure Suit Larry 5. Instead of text messages like in Larry 5, this time Sprint paid for graphic advertisement. The Sprint logo would end any communication transmissions, as well as appear on a billboard in the Space bar. See the screenshot section for examples.
Related Web Sites
- Haelstorm's Space Quest Page (Welcome, all you Space Quest fans out there.)
- Hints for SQ5 (These hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- Planet Rog (Welcome to the other side of the Space Quest universe!)
- Sierra Planet (Contains interesting facts plus a walkthrough and complete game map)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 5 (Extremely comprehensive site about Space Quest 5: Basic game information, hints, documentation, downloads and behind the scenes stuff, for example a downloadable PDF manual, scans of the official hint book, easter eggs, fun facts, cancelled stuff etc. etc. etc.)
- The Space Quest Universe 2 (The Space Quest Universe 2)