Advertising Blurbsmagazine advertisement:
A GREAT WAR.
A LOST PARADISE.
AN EPIC ADVENTURE.
STAR CONTROL II
THE QUEST FOR EARTH BEGINS.
Contributed by Pseudo_Intellectual (44997) on Dec 21, 2013.
- DUE FOR RELEASE AUTUMN 1992 -
- Sequel to the hit game Star Control voted Best Science Fiction Game of 1990 by Video Games and Computer Entertainment
- Ultra-brilliant 256-colour VGA graphics of hyperspace, 3-D colour rotation planets, fractal-generated planet surfaces, alien ships and more
- Remarkable soundtrack of digitised sound and music
- Interesting mysteries to unravel, and plots within plots
- Over 500 star systems and 3000 planets to explore and liberate
- Reconfigurable flagship made of precursor relics, escorted by an armada of fighters
- 25 distinctly different spacecraft to master in the full game
A sequel to Star Control, ans two years in the making, this title has evolved from an Arcade/Action game to a Science Fiction/Role Playing Game.
The plot consists of the exploration and liberation of alien species and planets. The setting is twenty years after the great war, with you as a young adult from the Earth research colony Unzervald.
The colony has had no contact with the outside world, and now you have been chosen to investigate what happened to Earth and the alliance of Free Stars.
In your journeys, you'll converse with 18 different alien races, explore a universe of over 500 star systems and 3000 planets, and engage in space combat.
In addition to the main program, players can create, name, and save their own armada of up to 14 ships from both Star Control and Star Control II, then challenge a different team of 14 ships created by a friend or the awesome computer opponent.
KEY GAME FEATURES
Contributed by -Chris (7314) on Sep 05, 2004.
- Explore and liberate over 3000 planets in 500 star systems.
- Make contact with over 18 alien races. Some friendly. Some fiendish.
- Unravel mind-boggling mysteries. Uncover plots within plots.
- Command a reconfigurable flagship escorted by an armada of fighters.
- 3-D rotating planets and fractal-generated planet surfaces.
- Ultra-brilliant 256-color VGA graphics. Revolutionary digital sound & music.
- Master 25 distinctly different spacecraft in the heat of combat.
- Fight an enemy team with up to 14 ships in the "Super Melee" bonus game.
A Great War. A Lost Paradise. An Epic Adventure"Feb.17. 2167. Deep Space Colony Unzervald: Final Log Entry."
"After being marooned on this distant world for nearly 20 years, we have now engineered a launch vehicle with enough power to leave the system. Many of the colonists are too weak for hyperspace. I am faced with the task of choosing 30 of the most fit to accompany me. My mission is clear: find out if our forces or the evil Ur-Quan prevailed in the galactic war. And most importantly, discover if our planet survived."
Star Control II. The Quest For Earth Begins.The sequel to Star Control, voted
BEST SCIENCE FICTION GAME OF 1990
Game & Computer Entertainment
DESIGNED BY FRED FORD & PAUL REICHE III
Contributed by Roedie (5224) on Dec 21, 2001.