As with Carrier Command
, some versions of the game - definitely the ZX Spectrum and the Atari ST version - came with a cassette tape containing Dave Lowe
's full instrumental theme, performed in the studio. The Amiga and ST versions had short sampled extracts of Lowe's music, but only 1mb machines. The 128k ZX Spectrum version had a completely original AY theme song.
As with the original, the game's manual was well-written and filled with puns; your ship was equipped with a Forslook device, and to win the game you had to use the Forslook (groan). Also: space whales.
Paint with Rolf
The game includes a "Paint with Rolf" option (presumably a reference to Rolf Harris
). This allowed the player to paint the screen with the game's polygonal objects, and was inspired by Jez San
's love of the classic arcade game I, Robot
- Computer and Video Games
- Issue 06/1989 - Runner-up Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 16-Bit Game of the Year (reader's vote)
- Issue 06/1989 - Runner-up Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 16-Bit Graphics (reader's vote)
- Issue 06/1989 - Runner-up Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 16-Bit Soundtrack (reader's vote)
- ST Format
- May 1990 (Issue #10) - Included in the list "ST Format's 30 Kick-Ass Classics"
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Stuart Wynne / Phil King)