, not to be confused with the US PSX game Strikers 1945
, which is actually the sequel Strikers 1945 II
, is a port of the top-down vertically-scrolling arcade shooter. Set during World War II, the player can choose from different ships and pilots to engage the enemy. At the end of the war, all sides are left powerless and defeated. A secret organization known as CANY manages to initiate a coup among each country's military forces. The last resort is a team assembled with the best fighters from the US, Japan, Germany and England, with the goal to push back CANY.
The list of planes and pilots includes:
- P-38 (Lockheed P-38 Lightning) - Cindy Volton
- P-51 (North American P-51 Mustang) - Tina Prize
- Spitfire (Supermarine Spitfire) - Alice Herring
- Bf-109 (Messerschmitt Bf-109/Me-109) - Lean Beirer
- Zero (Mitsubishi A6M Zero) - Ai Mikami
- Shinden (Kyushu J7W Shinden) - Ainzaemon
Each plane has a normal shot, a charged shot and a bomb that clears the entire screen. The P-51 can also block bullets with its charged shot. Destroyed enemies and buildings leave behind gold bars for bonus points. This adaptation includes two original modes, an arcade mode and an index of the different fighters. Co-op is available for up to two players.