DescriptionChoose from 8 ships, each with different handling and weaponry characteristics. Fly with up to 250 other players simultaneously, fighting for points, a good win/loss ratio, and the respect of your peers.
Subspace is divided into "Zones" which provide different game types. You can join in on these games at any time. Some zones run "Capture the Flag" style games, others "Soccer" style, where players must compete over a ball, with their object to reach 10 goals for their team first. The most popular variant, however, is "Chaos", where literally anything goes. Kill or be killed.
Offering unique multiplayer gaming based on a beautifully simple game concept, Subspace incorporates the best elements of online gaming into one package. A variety of different game styles, team or solo play, IRC-style chat, and infinite re-playability are only some of its many virtues. What started as a project to test the viability of a massive multiplayer environment with commercial backing quickly became one of the most entertaining and popular multiplayer games available.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Continuum" -- Freeware remake and continuation
|Electric Playground||Jan 21, 1998||9 out of 10||90|
|Power Unlimited||Jul, 1998||8.3 out of 10||83|
|GameHippo.com||Apr 20, 2010||80|
|GameHippo.com||Oct 05, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar 31, 1998||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpot||Jan 09, 1998||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Computer Games Magazine||Feb 06, 1998||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Feb, 1998||70 out of 100||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||May, 1998||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
FanbaseSubSpace went through over 30 revisions during testing, most of which were released for open beta. Open beta testing continued for almost 2 years, building one of the most fanatical user groups in the history of gaming. When the game was finally released, it shipped with both client and server software, guaranteeing that SubSpace would exist long after the company stopped supporting it. This happened in late 1998, but player-run servers still exist, with a large contingent of players. Unlike many other multiplayer-only games, SubSpace never charged a monthly fee.
Related Web Sites
- Infantry Zone - The Official Site for Infantry (Infantry - the newest game by the designers of Subspace (Jeff Petersen and Rod Humble))
- SGRS - Sound and Graphics Replacements for SubSpace (Replacements for the standard graphics/sounds for SubSpace)
- Steam Greenlight (Subspace Continuum Steam Greenlight page)
- Steam Store (Subspace Continuum at Steam Store)
- SUBSPACE.DS98.COM - SubSpace News, Information, and Resources (Client and Server files, as well as a server list, tons of information, news, etc.)
- SubSpace Headquaters (Home of the Subspace Council, downloads, server list, news, info, etc. - Start Here!)
- Subspace.net (A large collection of subspace news, info, etc.)
- Subspace Tech Support (Having problems getting your game running? Here's where you can get some answers.)