DescriptionIn this SNES sequel to the arcade R-Type shooters, you are the R-9, Earth's most advanced form of defense against the evil BYDO Empire. There are seven stages you must go through, picking up power-up items to defeat the stage bosses which have returned from the arcade versions of R-Type and R-Type II. Your R-9 ship can also be united with FORCE, which are invincible units that surround your ship to protect you and can also power up and attack.
- "スーパー・アールタイプ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|The DOS Spirit||SNES||Dec 07, 2012||6 out of 6||100|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||SNES||Sep, 1991||91 out of 100||91|
|1UP!||SNES||Oct 01, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Wii||Sep 16, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Player One||SNES||Jun, 1992||79 out of 100||79|
|Raze||SNES||Oct, 1991||77 out of 100||77|
|Total! (Germany)||SNES||Sep, 1996||2.25 out of 6||75|
|Video Games||SNES||Sep, 1991||62 out of 100||62|
|Power Play||SNES||Oct, 1991||61 out of 100||61|
|The Video Game Critic||SNES||Dec 14, 1999||C-||42|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicIn the credits, there is a track listing for all the songs in the game. It is as follows:
- Start: R-9, To The Front
- Stage 1: Solo Sortie
- Stage 2: Counterattack '91
- Stage 3: As Wet As A Fish
- Stage 4: A Submerging Titan
- Stage 5: Dream Of A Labyrinth
- Stage 6: R Dance
- Stage 7: National Anthem Of Bydo Empire
- Boss Stage: Return Of The Creature
- Ending: Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 1) and
- Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 2)
- Novice Mode Ending: Try Harder!
- Stage Clearance: To The Next Zone!
- Game Over: A Combat Is Over
- Continue: Blast Rock
RemixSuper R-Type is actually a slight remix of R-Type II, with a couple of new enemies and stages tossed in.
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai