DescriptionSuper Stardust HD is a remake of the Super Stardust for the Amiga 1200 and Amiga CD32. There are three different weapon types, each designed for shooting apart different types of asteroids. Instead of the original 2-D plane, the remake put the player's ship in orbit around a planet. The player guides it around on a sphere where it can travel in any direction and never run into a wall.
In the beginning, all approaching asteroids need to be destroyed. As the game progresses, more difficult enemies and more asteroids appear. Shooting asteroids provides more weapon and shield power or even extra points. There is also a boss at the end of each level. The game supports online leaderboards tracking the high scores and other players' rankings.
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
- "Star Strike HD" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|A Mediocre Attempt||Stephen N (12)|
|1UP||Jul 03, 2007||A||100|
|GameDaily||Jul 03, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jun 18, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|The Next Level||Jul 27, 2007||90|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Jul 10, 2007||90 out of 100||90|
|Thunderbolt Games||Oct 12, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Aug 04, 2007||83 out of 100||83|
|Games TM||Jul, 2007||80|
|GameSpot||Jul 03, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesSuper Stardust HD appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Super Stardust HD is the first PlayStation 3 game made in Finland.
- On July 2, 2008, Super Stardust HD became the first PlayStation 3 game to receive a patch that allowed use of Sony's new trophy system.
Related Web Sites
- Interview of people behind Super Stardust HD, Part 1 (Plaza.fi interview of people behind Super Stardust HD, Part 1. Interview is in Finnish.)
- Interview of people behind Super Stardust HD, Part 2 (Plaza.fi interview of people behind Super Stardust HD, Part 2. Interview is in Finnish.)
- Super Stardust HD Interview (on IGN (June 5, 2007))
- Wikipedia: Super Stardust HD (Article in the open encyclopedia)