DescriptionLex Luthor pulls off another stunt, this time he and Braniac have developed a virtual reality version of Metropolis to trick the people of the fair city. And Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen are the first to be tricked.
It's all to pull in Superman, the world's strongest hero, in order to take him down. But as the man himself, your job is to destroy any and all hopes of the bad guys chances.
Using all of his many powers (including heat vision, flight and x-ray vision), you must fight your way through air, sea, underground and indoor levels of bad guys, bosses and puzzle elements in order to reach Lois and destroy Lex's mission.
4 player multiplayer modes are also included as you take control of the many characters for some beat 'em up action.
The United States release contained an exclusive collector's edition Superman comic book inside the package.
- "Superman - The New Superman Aventures" -- Tag-lined Franglais title
- "Superman - The New Superman Adventures" -- Alternate title
- "Superman 64" -- Common title
Part of the Following Groups
|Lex Wins||Adzuken (818)|
|Games like this deserve to burn!||Arejarn (1477)|
|Worst game of all time||Matt Neuteboom (941)|
|From Hero to Zero!||Kadeem Gomez (38)|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 29, 1999||9 out of 20||45|
|IGN||Jun 02, 1999||3.4 out of 10||34|
|Gamezilla||Aug 09, 1999||31 out of 100||31|
|Total! (Germany)||Jun, 1999||5 out of 6||20|
|HappyPuppy||Jun 29, 1999||2 out of 10||20|
|MAN!AC||Aug, 1999||14 out of 100||14|
|GameSpot||Jun 08, 1999||1.3 out of 10||13|
|Mega Fun||Sep, 1999||9 out of 100||9|
|Game Revolution||Jul 01, 1999||F||0|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Call me crazy. (Because I know you will)||6||BurningStickMan (17728)
Jun 30, 2008
GraphicsThe game's developers could not render any background and as an excuse wrote it off a "kryptonite fog".
PlayStation versionA PlayStation version was in the works, but was cancelled.
- Nintendo Power
- Issue #196 - #1 Worst Nintendo Game
- Total! (Germany)
- Issue 01/2000 – Biggest N64 Flop in 1999
Related Web Sites
- Video review of two Superman games (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews two Superman games, including the Nintendo 64 version of Superman)
- Wikipedia: Superman (Information about Superman at Wikipedia)