DescriptionSuperPower is a geopolitical simulation game in the tradition of Balance of Power and Shadow President. Diplomacy, espionage, economics, demographics, and military might are all placed in the player's hands, and the goal is global domination.
Game time passes primarily in turns, with the turn order being determined by a nation's GDP--wealthier countries move first. Combat occurs in real-time, but the player does not control individual units as in standard real-time strategy games. The player must devise a battle plan and then watch the action from afar. If things aren't going according to plan, the player may opt to establish direct communications with troops in the field and issue a new set of orders. Over 4,500 different military units are included, additionally the player may also design new units.
Other key game features:
- A database with current United Nations (U.N.) and Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.) info on 140 different playable countries. Accurate geography/topography is an important part of this data, as terrain plays a role in combat.
- Evolutive Human Emulator (EHE) artificial intelligence. This Artificial Intelligence (AI) is supposed to adapt its behavior based upon the player's actions and also behave in decidedly human ways: favoring certain countries over others, anticipating potential problems, and even acting out of frustration.
- "超级力量" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Global Power" -- UK Release Title
- "Defcon" -- Original name later discarded
- "Chaoji Liliang" -- Chinese Title
Part of the Following Groups
|They tried to cook a sweet cake, but a bitter one it was.||Technocrat (175)|
|A nice game, if it works||William Algeri (2)|
|More bugs than Windows||tedbare (17)|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 18, 2003||8 out of 20||40|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||May 10, 2002||40|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug 25, 2003||36 out of 100||36|
|GameBoomers||2003||32 out of 100||32|
|GameStar (Germany)||Aug, 2003||28 out of 100||28|
|Joystick (French)||Jul, 2003||2 out of 10||20|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jul, 2002||20|
|Withingames||Sep 19, 2003||1 out of 5||20|
|4Players.de||Jul 08, 2003||19 out of 100||19|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Original Game Concept: