ArticlesAfter playing the Game Boy version of Tetris for a while, Liam Jordan submitted Zen and the Art of Tetris to GameSpot, an article about why "life is like a game of Tetris."
References in film
- In The Simpsons, the Strong Arms of the Ma TV episode airing in 2003, the family goes to Rainier Wolfcastle's bankruptcy garage sale and Homer buys too much stuff. Bart says "There's no way all this junk is going to fit in that car". Homer replies "Now, don't worry. This is what all those hours of playing Tetris was for." The music theme from the Game Boy version begins to play and Homer pictures his family as different shaped pieces. He begins to pack the trunk with different items he bought and then twists his kids and Marge rotating them to fit them in seats among other items. He shuts the car door, dusts his hands off and says "Perfect!" Marge replies "But there's no room for you." and Homer says "Doh!".
- In the 2008 film The Wackness a graduate can be briefly seen playing the game during the graduation ceremony at the start of the film.
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1991 - Best Game Boy Game in 1990
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – Best Game Boy Game
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #14 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Contributed by Zack Green (1015) on Jun 05, 2004. [revised by : Patrick Bregger (98744), Scaryfun (11422) and vedder (20075)]. -- edit trivia