DescriptionTimes Of Conflict is a 3D real-time strategy game for one player or up to 8 players via a network connection.
The game is set on the planet Edhaer which is home to three rival factions. Each civilisation is ruled by an elder, an immortal, who between them rule the planet and fight for its mastery. A monumental battle at Isann proved inconclusive and left each faction exhausted and weakened. Now they must rebuild their forces, outposts and resources in order to seize total control.
As the game progresses rumours emerge.
Is there, somewhere deep in space, an Emperor of immense power who wants to control this planet?
Have his champions come to Edhaer to cause chaos and war?
Could it be that the elders are not all they seem?
Is the Emperor interested in the planet's rich supply of Aarine?
The player takes the role of a hero in one of these factions and must guide their hero through the ranks of their civilisation through victory in battle.
The player can choose between 'Campaign mode' or 'Battle mode'.
- The Campaign mode takes the player through the full storyline of Times Of Conflict. The elder assigns a series of missions, each mission has an objective which the player must achieved. Some missions require the player to undertake a series of mini missions in order to achieve the main objective. Each mission has a time limit. Achieving the objective before the time limit expires will please the elder and accelerate the hero's promotion.
- In Battle mode the focus is on action rather than story development. The player selects the type of terrain, the number of enemies and what civilisation they belong to and then goes to war. The battle is won when the enemy HQ is destroyed, it is lost if the players HQ is destroyed.
- a non-linear campaign mode
- More than 30 different maps
- Macro orders and context based AI
- The ability to control over 1000 units
- "Times of Conflict: 3 Civilisations, 1 Planète, 1 Objectif, Le Pouvoir" -- French tag-lined title
There are no reviews for this game.
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 04, 2001||16 out of 20||80|
|Gamekult||Feb 03, 2001||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Thanks to an Original Idea from: