Forums > Game Forums > TimeSplitters: Future Perfect > Sci-fi Fans must play this game

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 5/17/2007 2:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Also, movie geeks have to play it as well. The guys who created this game were the BIGGEST pop culture dorks. There are so many references packed into this game. Plus, the plot is hilarious.

The action is amazing, its not that find cover and duck type, but that rush into battle/hold the triggers/if you stop you die. Totally fast paced. And the multiplayer is hilarious.

Easily one of the best games for the PS2/GC/XBOX generation, has tons of effort and style put into it. Anyone else but me even give this game a try?

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 5/17/2007 4:53 AM · Permalink · Report

I quite enjoyed TimeSplitters 2, but I've still never got around to getting Future Perfect. I really like the level creation aspect; how was that changed?

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 5/17/2007 10:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Level creation is vastly improved, mostly in the room creation. There's a lot more tools, you can finally create open levels, multi-floor rooms and stuff too. So its a lot more creatively open. Also, you can create enemies and create single-player campaigns (I cant remember if you could that in the second.) And naturally more game modes. And vehicles.

Multiplayer was the true high point in the last game. It didn't have much of a campagin, but the multiplayer maps were brilliant.

Joshua J. Slone (4666) on 5/18/2007 2:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Ahh, true outside, nice. I made a stage based on our house, and did manage to squeeze in the outside area... but it was as if our yard was instead a warehouse with a low ceiling. Yeah, you could put in computer enemies and such in TS2. Professor Lynx might be horrified to know my family and pets were the enemies in the level based on our house. :)

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 5/19/2007 8:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I gave it a try, actually because of you, I remember it was a featured game and it got my attention.

What can I say?.. It's nice. Certainly nice. But not more than that. I found it too harmless, and it simply didn't have anything outstanding to make me continue playing it.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 5/22/2007 2:51 AM · Permalink · Report

Darn, I absolutely hate it when I dissapoint someone with a game I reviews. :-(

Ah well, I'm thinking you didn't get most of the references?