DescriptionTLL sets you as a skilled pilot who must take on a tough mission - shooting out six discs representing enemy strongholds in built-up areas. This must be done by lowering your altitude as you approach each one, making it crucial to avoid trees and buildings which are closer to ground level.
The action is viewed from above using a pseudo-3D display, and scrolls vertically in a manner similar to SWIV. At the side of the screen your altitude and fuel level are displayed, as well as an all-important mini-map. You will frequently have to refuel, which is done by touching down on the carrier. You don't have direct control over the plane's speed, a fact which takes the game out of the realm of simulation somewhat.
There are no promo images for this game
- "T.L.L." -- Alternate title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Oct 24, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||ZX Spectrum||Aug, 1984||9 out of 10||90|
|Amstrad Action||Amstrad CPC||Feb, 1986||90 out of 100||90|
|Amtix!||Amstrad CPC||Feb, 1986||85 out of 100||85|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Sep, 1984||8 out of 10||80|
|Your Computer||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1984||80|
|Personal Computer Games||ZX Spectrum||Sep, 1984||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gamer||Amstrad CPC||Feb, 1986||13 out of 20||65|
|Home Computing Weekly||ZX Spectrum||Oct 09, 1984||60|
|Retro Gamer||ZX Spectrum||Apr 27, 2016||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
C64 versionThe C64 version programmer Simon Nicol writes:
TLL: Tornado Low Level was originally developed by Costa Panayi for the Spectrum and re-written for the Commodore 64 by Simon Nicol. Even though TLL spent several months on the number 1 bestseller list, a development fee was never paid by Ocean Software and to this day they deny ever having known or worked with the programmer.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: game database entry; package material; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: game entry database; cover art digitalizations; music; additional material)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassete inlay, advertisement, instructions; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)