DescriptionThe year is 2008, and Russian rebels have taken over Moscow in an attempt to restore the old communist regime. You are in command of The Ghosts, an elite military team and the United States' first line of defense.
Both single-player and multiplayer modes are available. In the single-player missions, you have an entire platoon of men at your disposal. In multiplayer, you command just one man, with the rest of your platoon controlled by humans instead of the computer.
Ghost Recon is a first-person tactical shooter. You can choose one of four characters: sniper, rifleman, demolitions expert, and support expert, with specialists being unlocked as you complete the single-player missions.
- "火线猎杀" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "幽灵行动" -- Alternate Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Золотая коллекция хитов Тома Клэнси. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Game with Creator's name
- Genre: Tactical shooter
- Ghost Recon series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- Tom Clancy licensees
|Both "edge-of-your-seat" and "over-before-you-know-it"||Windows||Terrence Bosky (5221)|
|Too short, too simple||Windows||Evil-Jim (151)|
|Advanced AI, high realism, but is it fun?||Windows||kvn8907 (180)|
|A polished, but regressive, tactical FPS.||Windows||Ummagumma (73)|
|Easily the worst video game I have ever played.||Xbox||Austin Bruner (5)|
|GamersMark||Xbox||Feb 25, 2003||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Macworld||Macintosh||Mar 01, 2003||90|
|Consoles Plus||Xbox||Dec, 2002||90 out of 100||90|
|FiringSquad||Windows||Jan 24, 2002||87 out of 100||87|
|Factornews||Windows||Dec 20, 2001||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||GameCube||May, 2003||7.75 out of 10||78|
|Game Critics||GameCube||Jan 22, 2003||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameZone||GameCube||Mar 05, 2003||6.4 out of 10||64|
|GamePro (US)||PlayStation 2||Jan 21, 2003||3 out of 5||60|
|GameSpot||PlayStation 2||Jan 15, 2003||5.5 out of 10||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionIn the German version, all blood effects were removed and killed enemies disappear almost instantly. The covermount version which was released on the German magazine GameStar 10/2006 is uncensored.
AwardsTom Clancy's Ghost Recon was ranked # 14 in the 50 Best Games of All Time list published by PC Gamer Magazine in its April 2005 issue.
Related Web Sites
- Bill Brown - Music Composer (Listen to streaming and downloadable MP3 music tracks from this title at the composer's official site. )
- Ghost Recon site (The official site for Ghost Recon)
- Planet Rainbow Six: Ghost Recon (Ghost Recon site at Planet Rainbow Six.)
- The Platoon (A must-see site devoted to Ghost Recon....updated frequently.)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Official Ghost Recon website)
Editor in Chief :