Advertising BlurbsAtari Australia Press Quotes - PlayStation:
“...will advance the action adventure genre.” IGN online
“If Tomb Raider: Chronicles seems like nothing more than another Lara Croft rehash, you might be mistaken.” Gamespot
“An awesome feature being implemented exclusively on the PC version is the Tomb Raider level editor. It will be fairly similar to the actual editor that the Core Design development team uses to create their stages, and will allow gamers to go wild with their ideas for where Lara Croft should go adventuring.” Gaming Age
Contributed by Xoleras (66060) on May 11, 2004.
- New additional moves and miscellaneous animations for Lara plus a wider variety of enemy animations. New moves make use of tightropes, suspended bars (Lara may swing from bar to bar) and grappling ropes. The combination of bars and ropes requires the player to traverse areas in a wider variety of ways than previously seen
- A ‘search’ option for Lara is included, enabling her to look through files, drawers etc. and take any items of use
- New weapons include a sniper rifle and a grappling hook gun
- Enemy AI is extensively overhauled and Lara’s opponents now react to sound, allowing a ‘stealth’ option to be implemented. Hand-to-hand combat features where Lara creeps up behind enemies and uses either a cosh or chloroform to disable them
- Line of sight issues are re-addressed so that enemies are able to hide more effectively - Lara will not lock on until the enemy is clearly visible to the player
- The PC format of Tomb Raider Chronicles includes the highly acclaimed Tomb Raider level editor as used to create previous Tomb Raider adventures. The system allows the user to create and play unique Tomb Raider levels - in the same manner as the Tomb Raider team
Contributed by Xoleras (66060) on May 07, 2004.
Tomb Raider Chronicles features four of Lara Croft’s previously untold exploits, each comprising a separate adventure offering brand new insights into her past. The game takes place only a few days after The Last Revelation, beginning at a memorial service for Lara – her body has not been found.
After the service Jean Yves, Winston and the family Priest, Father Dunstan, retire to Croft Manor. As they collect their thoughts they reminisce about some of Lara’s past adventures, each of which is introduced via FMV ‘flashback’ sequences.
HER LEGACY LIVES ON
- Four new adventures take you from the rooftops of a high tech city to the bowels of a German U-Boat.
- Utilize new moves to overcome obstacles: tightrope walking, parallel bar swinging, and a hand-to-hand stealth attack.
- Choose from an arsenal of weapons including a grappling hook gun, sniper rifle, and chloroform.
- Enhanced inventor system for greater combinations of weapons and accessories.
- Search through files, drawers, and shelves for useful inventory items.
In light of Lara's recent disappearance, those closest to her gather together at the Croft Estate on a gray, rainy day for a memorial service in her honor. Afterwards, the friends sit quietly together in the study of the Croft Mansion and provide new insights about Lara's past exploits that have until now remained a secret...
Contributed by JPaterson (9115) on Mar 15, 2002.
Uncover the secret history of Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Chronicles, the latest adventure in the epic Tomb Raider series.
Lara Croft is missing in Egypt - presumed dead. Those closest to her gather together at the Croft Estate on a grey, rainy day for a memorial service in her honour. Afterwards, the friends sit quietly together in the study of the Croft Mansion and reminise about Lara's past exploits; exploits that have until now remained a secret...
- Contains Tomb Raider Level Editor: Create your own Tomb Raider levels for the first time!
- New insights into the past adventures of Lara. Four new and unique scenarios that reveal more information about her and other famous Tomb Raider characters.
- New features and abilities. Lara has new moves and animations - including hand-to-hand combat, stealth moves and a new search facility. Make wider use of the inventory system to combine and use weapons and items such as the new grappling hook gun!
Contributed by Kic'N (4213) on Aug 05, 2001.