THPS4 is the fourth game in Activision's ever popular franchise.
The main feature of this game is it's redesigned career mode. When beginning a level, you have all the time in the world to skate around, perform tricks, get a feel for the level, without the hassel of any goals or time limits. When you're ready to attempt a goal, simply find a pro skater, talk to him, then receive the goal, similar to Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX. Goals are similar to the previous games, such as collect SKATE, get a certain amount of points, transfer over this and grind that. There are new goals, however, such as collecting the word COMBO while doing one big combo. Miss a trick, and goal fails. Once all regular goals are accomplished, you can attempt the Pro Goal, which is specific to each skater, and is extremely hard.
All the major skaters are here, including Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Steve Caballero, Kareem Campbell, Rune Gilfberg, Eric Koston, Bucky Lasek, Bam Margera, Rodney Mullen, Chad Muska, Andrew Reynolds, Geoff Rowley, Elissa Steamer and Jamie Thomas.
The levels are been expanded and are huge. Some of the levels include a college campus, a shipyard, and the infamous prison complex Alcatraz.
For multiplayer, all the favorite modes are back, from Graffiti and Trick Attack to Horse and King Of The Hill. New modes include Capture The Flag and Combo Mambo. THPS4 also supports System Link play, but not XBox Live.
The PlayStation 2 version offers everything from the XBox version, but also has online play, utilizing either your own network adaptor or the official one. The PS2 version also features a one level demo of Shaun Murray's Pro Wakeboarder, which is not featured on any other version of the game.
- "托尼霍克职业滑板4" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "THPS4" -- informal title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Oct 04, 2002
||5 out of 5
|Armchair Empire, The
||Aug 12, 2003
||9.5 out of 10
||Feb 01, 2004
||95 out of 100
||Nov 07, 2002
||9.3 out of 10
||Nov 06, 2002
||9.3 out of 10
|Game Informer Magazine
||9.25 out of 10
||Jan 15, 2003
||91 out of 100
||Jan 12, 2003
||9 out of 10
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)
||Aug 11, 2006
There are currently no topics for this game.
The BMX rider featured in the Steve Caballero movie, is pro Bmx'er Rick Thorne, who is also featured in the Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
For a bit of a laugh, go to the Carnival level and find the basketball booth in front of the clown and sneak round the back to see a carnie in a compromising situation with a goat!
Much like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
, in which the well known Star Wars
character Darth Maul made an appearance, Jango Fett makes a secret guest appearance for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
, with a range of moves that use his jetpack and blasters.
The full song list:
- AC/DC - "TNT"
- Aesop Rock - "Labor"
- Agent Orange - "Bloodstains"
- Avail - "Simple Song"
- Bouncing Souls - "Manthem"
- Delinquent Habits - "House of the Rising Drum"
- De La Soul - "Oodles of O's"
- Eyedea & Abilities - "Big Shots"
- Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies"
- Gangstarr - "Mass Appeal"
- Goldfinger - "Spokesman"
- Haiku D'Etat - "Non Compos Mentis"
- Hot Water Music - "Freightliner"
- Iron Maiden - "The Number of the Beast"
- Jai Plus - "Bad Dreams"
- JFA - "Beach Blanket Bongout"
- Less Than Jake - "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads"
- Lootpack - "Whenimondamic"
- Muskabeatz - "Bodyrock" (featuring Biz Markie)
- Muskabeatz - "I'm a Star" (featuring Grandmaster Melle Mel)
- Muskabeatz - "Versus of Doom" (featuring Jeru the Damaja)
- Nebula - "Giant"
- N.W.A. - "Express Yourself"
- Public Enemy - "By the Time I Get to Arizona"
- Rocket from the Crypt - "Savoir Faire"
- Run-DMC - "My Adidas"
- Sex Pistols - "Anarchy in the UK"
- System of a Down - "Shimmy"
- The Cult - "Bad Fun"
- The Distillers - "Seneca Falls"
- The Faction - "Skate and Destroy"
- The Offspring - "Blackball"
- Toy Dolls - "Dig That Groove Baby"
- US Bombs - "Yer Country"
- Zeke - "Death Alley"
Information also contributed by
Rupert Breheny and
- 2002 – PS2 Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best PS2 Sports Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best Xbox Sports Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best GameCube Sports Game of the Year