Not an American user?
DescriptionGeoffroi Le Brun, ensign in His Majesty’s musketeers, arrives in the middle of the night in 16th century Rouen, France, to start his new posting at the musketeer headquarters. At the moment he arrives, the unfortunate Comte d’Itee, William de Peuple, is attacked by bandits and his precious will is stolen. Geoffroi offers him, just before he dies, his assistance to find his will.
Of course, getting it back will not be easy, and he must travel back and forth across France to accomplish his quest, visiting the cities of Amiens, St Quentin, Le Mans, Paris, and Le Havre. However, he is assisted by a clever manservant, called Henri, who will be a great help, without any doubt. With some luck, he will hunt the murderer(s) down and find the will. And who knows, maybe he will meet a beautiful lady or find a fortune on the way.
Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer is a humorous, inventory-based point and click adventure game. By right-clicking on a hotspot a context-sensitive action interface pops up, showing the relevant actions. The game is a full talkie with captions, music and sound effects. It features a progressive traveling map, which allows to visit new locations after having solved various puzzles.
- "Touché: The Adventures of the 5th Musketeer" -- In-game title
- "Touché: Przygody Piątego Muszkietera" -- Polish title
- "Touché : Les aventures du Cinquième Mousquetaire" -- French title
- "Touché: las aventuras del quinto mosquetero" -- Spanish title
- "Touché: Die Abenteuer des fünften Musketiers" -- German title
|I want to be a musketeer!||Afex Tween (164)|
The Press Says
|High Score||May, 1996||5 out of 5||100|
|Power Play||Nov, 1995||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 1996||82 out of 100||82|
|Adventurearchiv||Aug 23, 2001||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jan, 1996||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1995||65 out of 100||65|
|Aventura y Cía||Aug 15, 2001||60|
|Reset||Jun, 1997||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaTeoman Irmak was the only artist working on the game. It took him about a year and a half to finish everything, characters and animation included. Locations took 3 or 4 days, the scrolling screens about a week each. Backgrounds were started with pencil drawings and than done in traditional watercolors. Regardless of the requirements of the script, his personal quest for the project was "the property of light."
Related Web Sites
- Game Nostalgia -- Provides extensive background info for Touché: the Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer, pictures of the cast and examples of voice-overs, credits, specific details about the game, all musical themes, shots of every location in the game, saved games, a list of reviews and tech specs.
- ScummVM -- supports Touché under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.
MAT (64283) added Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (DOS) on Mar 21, 2000
Anthony Mulligan (Geffroi), Gerry Kersey (Henri), Philippa Howell (Juliette), Mike Boadbent‑Jones (DaVinci), Krysia Campbell (Gypsy), Christopher Wilkinson (Captain), Owen Aaronovitch (D'Artagnan), Malcolm Douglas (Blacksmith), John Bowden (Paul), Raymond Greenoaken (Highwayman), Mark Estdale (Householder)Lead Tester: