Not an American user?
DescriptionTrain Sim Activity Pack is an expansion pack for Microsoft Train Simulator.
This expansion pack does not give the player any additional engines or rolling stock. Instead it provides thirty journeys of varying difficulty and duration which make use of the trains and tracks in the original game. These vary from a ten minute journey driving a Japanese passenger express train on the Tokyo-Hakone route through to a five and a half hour journey taking a long freight train through the Marias Pass in Montana, USA.
The full mission list is as follows :
- Afternoon Express: an easy ten minute trip on the Tokyo - Hakone route driving the Odakyu Series 7000
- 15 Minute Dash: a fifteen minute trip of medium difficulty on the Hisatsu Line driving the Kiha 31
- Yatsushiro Night Train: a twenty minute journey also on the Hisatsu Line
- Scenic Summer Run: a medium difficulty, twenty five minute ride on the Hisatsu Line
- Global Motors 1: the first of three hard journeys on the Tokyo - Hakone route driving the Odakyu Series 7000, this one lasts thirty minutes.
- Global Motors 2: the second difficult journey on the Tokyo - Hakone route, same train as before. This one lasts twenty minutes. /li>
- Global Motors 3: another difficult twenty minute journey on the Tokyo - Hakone route
- Pickup Acela: an easy thirty minute ride along the North East Corridor, USA
- Tokyo Service: a difficult, thirty minute, passenger journey on the Tokyo - Hakone
- Carlisle to Long Marton (day) a fifty minute journey set in the UK driving the Flying Scotsman
- Carlisle to Long Marton (night): the same as the pervious journey but at night
- Fast and Slow to Baltimore: A fifty minute, medium difficulty journey in the USA's North East Corridor driving the Acela HHP-8
- Montana West: This hard journey lasts an hour and is the first to take the player through the Marias Pass driving a GP38-2
- Hisatsu Service 1: the first of three journeys set in Japan on the Hisatsu Line. The player drives the Kiha 31 in all three, this one lasts an hour.
- Hisatsu Service 2: A medium difficulty journey lasting one hour and forty minutes
- Hisatsu Service 3: This is an hour long and its hard
- Flight of the Diplomat: driving the Gőlsdorf 380 on the Innsbruck - St. Anton route, a medium difficulty trip lasting an hour and ten minutes.
- Series 7000 Japan: an hour and a quarter drive on Japan's Tokyo - Hakone route
- Heavy Traffic Day: back in the USA for a medium difficulty, one hour and twenty minutes driving the Acela Express
- Heavy Traffic Night Hard: The same route as the previous journey but at night
- Logging Train: an hour and half of hard driving between Innsbruck - St. Anton
- Marias Pickup (day): the first of two drives in the USA, both an hour and a half long and on the Marias Pass route
- Marias Pickup (night): the second of two drives in the USA, both an hour and a half long and on the Marias Pass route
- The Bombing: Set in wartime UK this is a hard mission driving the Flying Scotsman delivering medical supplies to a recently bombed town in the north of the country, it lasts an hour and three-quarters.
- Tour of the Hisatsu: a medium difficulty drive taking tourists around scenic Japan
- Race 1 - North East: this drive is rated easy. It's two hours long and the player must reach their destination before a computer contriolled train while still adhering to the speed limits
- Race 2 - North East: this is essentially the same as the previous drive but using a steam train
- Mountain Delivery: this drive lasts two hours and thirty minutes. It takes the player through the Marias Pass on a wet miserable day with a tight schedule and nine stops to make on the way
- A busy day in Montana: a three hour drive with four pick ups and seven drop-offs
- Pool Freight: This is a tough, five hour mission. Starting late and with one power unit less than expected the player has to get through the mountains and the Marias Pass.
- Long Freight: the longest journey in the pack, this medium difficulty run is five and a half hours long. In it the player will start at 6:30 in the morning and stick to a schedule with a dozen stations to visit as well as picking up and dropping off carriages on the way.
The accompanying manual has one page, often two,describing the background to the activity and providing tips on its completion and what setting changes to make to the simulator.
- "Train Sim: The Activities" -- Manual Title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
piltdown_man (60011) added Train Sim Activity Pack (Windows) on Oct 07, 2013
Tim Mammelli, David Jordan, Tor Nielsen, Robert H. Lloyd, John Dunbar, Howard Warren Hall, Tom KristoffersenInstallation:
Maurizio M. Gavioli (credited as Maurizio Gavioli), Ian Clarke, John Dunbar, Bob Familton, Harold van Hasselt, Tom Kristoffersen, Robert H. Lloyd, Richard Mawkes, Jason Rivard, Francesco Tondelli, Tim YoungManual: