DescriptionThis version of Street Fighter II is similar in most aspects to the original, save that all 12 characters are selectable from the get-go (the boss characters were originally locked), and the game engine has been revamped.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition" -- Genesis title
- "Street Fighter II' Plus: Champion Edition" -- Japanese Mega Drive title
- "Street Fighter II': Champion Edition" -- Japanese Arcade, Sharp X68000 and PC Engine title
- "Street Fighter II'" -- Master System title
- "ストリートファイター2ダッシュ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Arcade perfection . . . somehow pulled off.||Fake Spam (94)|
|Games Master||Sep, 1993||93 out of 100||93|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Jun, 1993||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games||Aug, 1993||88 out of 100||88|
|Mega Fun||Jul, 1993||88 out of 100||88|
|All Game Guide||1998||80|
|HonestGamers||Feb 24, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Edge||Oct, 1993||8 out of 10||80|
|Megablast||1993||74 out of 100||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to publisher Capcom, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition has sold 1.65 million copies worldwide since its initial release (as of June 30, 2016).
Sega Master System versionThis was one of the largest Master System games ever created. It was only available in Brazil, where the older consoles were still very popular at the time. As this was an 8-bit title, some cuts had to be made. There are only eight playable characters (Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Blanka, Guile, Sagat, Balrog and Mr Bison) and the background is devoid of animation. Some moves were omitted as well, such as Ken and Ryu's signature Dragon Punch. Also, since the original Master System controller only had two buttons, Tec Toy manufactured a six-button controller to go with the game. This controller later became the standard controller for Master System in Brazil.
TitleStreet Fighter II' is pronounced as Street Fighter Two Dash.
Version differencesThis version for Genesis has re-worked sounds and voices if you compare it to the SNES version, with less colors, but it was a lot faster on turbo mode.
Information also contributed by Sciere and Tom Hell
Related Web Sites
- Official Website (The official Street Fighter 2 CE browser-based game, presented by DotEMU.)
- Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Play the game in a browser.)