Not an American user?
DescriptionGolden Axe is an arcade beat-'em-up game that puts players in the shoes of one of three heroes, each with his own reason for trying to overthrow the evil rule of Death-Adder, who - along with his forces of darkness - kidnapped and imprisoned the King and his daughter and stole the legendary Golden Axe.
This is a horizontal fighting game, where you basically take one of the three characters (the barbarian Ax Battler, a dwarf named Gilius Thunderhead or the amazon Tyris Flare) and bash everything which stands between you and Death Adder himself.
The game allows to play up to two players on a same screen, however in the C64 version this option has not been implemented. C64 version was also stripped off in the other areas, such as: only one enemy can engage the player at a time or there are only two types of dragons instead of three.
- "戦斧" -- Japanese spelling
- "战斧" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Genre: Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Golden Axe series
- Protagonist: Barbarian
- SEGA Vintage Collection series
There are no reviews for the TurboGrafx CD release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Video Game Den||Feb 21, 2011||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIt was #70 in FLUX Magazine's (Issue #4) Top 100 Video Games of All-Time.
Related Web Sites
- Death Adder's Castle -- Death Adder's Golden Axe page, a great fansite about Golden Axe.
- everything2 node: Golden Axe -- A humorous take on the first game, the entire series, the conversions, the characters, villains and gameplay.
- Golden Axe — StrategyWiki, the free strategy guide and walkthrough wiki -- An illustrated guide to the game, complete with detailed platform comparisons.
- X360A achievement guide -- X360A's achievement guide for Golden Axe.
chirinea (32967) added Golden Axe (TurboGrafx CD) on Feb 06, 2008
Game Design (ゲームデザイン):
Takashi Yasugahira (Gaira [凱 羅])Game Program (ゲーム・プログラム):
Masayasu Yamamoto (山本雅康)Visual Program (ビジュアル・プログラム):
Hironori Ahiko (阿彦裕徳)Graphics (グラフィック):
Takaki Iwata (岩田隆樹)Music (ミュージック):
Yūonjin [遊音人]Composition & Arrangement (作/編曲):
Business Support Co. Ltd. [（株）ビジネス・サポート], Cube Corp. [（株）キューブ]Package Design (パッケージデザイン):
Yasushi Torisawa (酉澤安施)Logo Illustration (ロゴイラスト):
Yasushi Torisawa (酉澤安施)Support (協力) :
A1 Ad Co. Ltd. [（株）エーワン・アド], AD Factory Co. Ltd. [（株）エーディー・ファクター]
Aoni Pro [青二プロ]Ax=Battler (アックス・バトラー):
Masashi Hironaka (広中雅志)Tyris=Flare (ティリス・フレイヤー):
Hiroko Emori (江森浩子)Gilius=Thunderhead (ギリアス・サンダーヘッド):
Takeshi Aono (青野 武)Gaira (ガイラ):
Masato Hirano (平野正人)Narration (ナレーション):
Masato Hirano (平野正人)