The third installment of the roleplaying series, with a multi-faceted plot full of twists and turns. Ease of use was central to the gameplay and interface, and the plot included piles of new twists and turns.
Lead a party of adventurers to rendezvous with the legendary wizard Corak. From dark moldy dungeons, through corridors of hewn stone and timber, and onward to the lofty frozen peaks of Terra you will uncover the mysteries that surround the exotic islands in the Great Sea.
- "魔法門 III" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Might and Magic III: Die Inseln von Terra" -- German title
- "Les Îles de Terra" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the TurboGrafx CD release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
A version for the Sega Genesis was in development, but was not released. A ROM image made from a prototype cartridge is available on the internet.
In various dungeons in the game you are given Quatloo coins that you can spend in the Slithercult stronghold; quatloos are the coins used for placing bets on Star Trek
crew members in the original Star Trek
episode "The Gamesters of Triskelon".
There are a number of changes in the SNES version:
- The whole intro is missing
- All blood during fights was removed and some other screens were changed, e.g. removed bloody weapons in shop screens or the naked statue of the nymph Athea got a bikini.
- Some enemies were changed to look more harmless and the Reaper was removed altogether.
- There are several text and name changes, e.g. the Cathedral of Carnage became the Cathedral of Darkness and all references to alcohol were removed.
- The outro was cut.
A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com
Information also contributed by
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #81 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking