DescriptionScramble is a side scrolling shooter. Piloting a plane through varied (and mountainous) terrain, your goal is to infiltrate an enemy base and destroy it. Missiles, tanks, UFO's, and other enemy artillery can all be found and will try to stop you. Colliding with any of these enemies, enemy fire, or the landscape will cause you to lose one of your planes. To fight back, your plane is equipped with both bombs and guns which can destroy most of the enemies you'll encounter. Your plane has a limited amount of fuel, and you'll crash if you run out. To replenish the fuel supply, you must bomb the fuel depots which will appear on the ground occasionally.
- "Scramble Wars" -- Japanese Vectrex title
- "Scramble 64" -- Commodore 64 title
- "Arcade Archives: Scramble" -- PlayStation 4 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Vectrex release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|The Video Game Critic||Sep 02, 2001||B+||83|
|Electric Playground||Jan 30, 1997||6 out of 10||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Interceptor Software's C64 version of Scramble||2||Terok Nor (22112)
Dec 29, 2015
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Scramble appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
GenreScramble is one of those simple but ingenious concepts that have been cloned uncountable times; so many, in fact, that Gamebase64 considers Scramble a genre in itself. To confuse matters, countless Scramble clones are called either Scramble or Skramble.
Information also contributed by FatherJack
Related Web Sites
- Game Base 64, a C64 game database (for C64: Games, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon, a C64 game database (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- The International Arcade Museum (extensive information about the arcade game machine)
- Wikipedia, a free online Encyclopedia (combined platform view entry)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Scramble.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.