DescriptionArcadia is a space shoot 'em up along the lines of Galaxians and Space Invaders. You have a ship at the bottom of the screen. Enemy ships come at you in waves scrolling across the screen from right to left. There are twelve levels. When the last level has been completed the game cycles to level one again and continues with no increase in difficulty. You get an extra life if you clear 4 waves. They keep on coming and the object is to get a high score.
Interesting key mapping on this game: the bottom row of keys moves left & right, but they are mapped alternately so Z, C, B, M and SPACE move you right while CAP SHIFT, X, V, N, and SYMBOL SHIFT move you left. The middle row of keys (A, S, D, etc) power the thrusters while the top row (Q, W, E, etc) fire the dual lasers.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Arcadia 64" -- Commodore 64 title
There are no reviews for the VIC-20 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Home Computing Weekly||Jun 07, 1983||100|
|Retro Gamer||Feb, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer & Video Games Golden Joystick Awards
- 1983 - #4 in the Game of the Year category
- 1983 - #3 in the Best Arcade Style Game category
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia (Wikipedia entry.)
- World of Spectrum (Archive file / Download and play links / Additional material / Remakes / Player reviews / Magazine references / Magazine adverts)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.