DescriptionJetman has crash-landed on a distant planet, with ledges suspended in mid-air and populated by various nasties, and he must escape and find his way home. Your first task is to retrieve each of the three parts of his spaceship, in order, and carry them over the base part. After this, you must collect enough fuel to be able to fly away, again by picking it up and dropping it over the ship (you don't have to actually make contact with the ship in doing this). Once you've filled the ship up, you can fly on to the next level, in which you must again refuel.
Each level contains various bad guys, with different attack patterns; you have a laser to shoot them for points, and must avoid contact with them. Diamonds can be collected for bonus points, and you get an extra life after every 10,000 points.
- "Jet Pac" -- Alternative spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the VIC-20 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Commodore User||Apr, 1984||100|
|Commodore User||Feb, 1984||17 out of 20||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesJetpac appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Re-releaseRare included a version of Jetpac in the Nintendo 64 release Donkey Kong 64. Players could unlock the game by finding 15 banana medals. Taking a picture of 6 Banana Fairies unlocks the game for regular play in the "Mystery Menu" option.
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Shoot-'em-ups (editorial staff choice)
- Computer and Video Games
- Golden Joystick Award 1983: Winner Game of the Year
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #52 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- World of Spectrum (More game info from WoS.)
- ZX Interface 2 information (Cartridge version cover art with kind permission from Paul Farrow.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.