DescriptionPick Axe Pete is in the Misty Mountain Mine, trying to strike it rich. The player controls Pick Axe Pete in a platformed mine. Three doors leading to deeper parts of the mine are displayed, and from them, gold bearing rocks will burst in random intervals. Pete must strike the rocks with his pick, which will break every once in a while. When it happens, Pete must avoid the falling rocks, by jumping over or crawling under them.
If two rocks collide, they will uncover a new pick for Pete, which will remain onscreen for a limited amount of time. Also, keys to the other levels of the mine will appear flying occasionally. If Pete catches one of them, he'll be able to unlock one of the doors, going to a deeper level. If he tries to get past through a door without a key, he'll get stuck and will be vulnerable. If a rock hits Pete, the game is over.
Pete earns 1 point each rock evaded, 3 points for each piece of gold struck with a pick, 5 points for getting a new pick, 10 points for getting a key and 20 points for going through a door with a key.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Pierre et la Pioche!" -- Canadian French title
- "Pickel-Peter" -- German title
- "Pickaxe Pete" -- UK title
- "Peter Tête de Pioche" -- French title
- "Pedro Picareta" -- Portuguese title
- "Pedrito Piqueta" -- Spanish title
- "Il Piccone Magico" -- Italian title
- "Houwelen Henkie" -- Dutch title
- "Hakku-Pete" -- Finish title
- "Guldgraveren" -- Danish title
- "Guldgrävar-Joe" -- Swedish title
- "Gold Rush" -- Japanese title
- "Didi na Mina Encantada!" -- Brazilian title
- "ゴールドラッシュ" -- Japanese spelling
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Brazilian ProtagonistThis game was the first Brazilian licensed title. The Brazilian version (Didi na Mina Encantada!) has as its protagonist Didi Mocó Sonrisal Colesterol Novalgino Mufumbo (played by the Brazilian actor Renato Aragão), a character from the Brazilian TV comedy sketch show "Os Trapalhões", very popular in the '70s and '80s.
1982 World's FairDuring the 1982 World's Fair held in Knoxville, Tennessee a high score competition was held featuring this game and was called the "Pick Axe Pete Pick-Off". The winner of the competition was to be rewarded with one pound of gold, worth over $6,000.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.