missing cover art
DescriptionIn this game, the player is cast into the roles of Sherlock Holmes, the greatest fictional detective of all times, and his friend and partner Dr. Watson, as they have to investigate and successfully solve three criminal cases:
- The Mummy's Curse deals with the horrifying death of three men, which were apparently murdered by an ancient mummy;
- The Mystified Murderess involves a woman who has been convicted for murdering her beloved one, but cannot seem to recall anything of what had happened to her;
- The Tin Soldier concerns the murder of an old general, whose past must be investigated in order to find the killer.
The game is notable for being one of the earliest "multimedia" titles, having been released on a CD ROM and featuring rather long (though windowed) video sequences with live actors as introductions and cutscenes, which frequently occur when the heroes investigate suspects.
There are no VIS user screenshots for this game.
There are 94 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Vol. I" -- SEGA CD in-game title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Inspiration: Literature
- Live action cut-scenes
- Setting: Belle Époque
- Setting: City - London
- Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective series
There are no reviews for the VIS release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThis game was one of the games that were included in the early release versions of the Sega CD.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of the system (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews the Sega CD and gives brief reviews of some games, including Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for Sega CD.)