DescriptionVoyage is a point-and-click adventure inspired by Jules Verne's two novels From the Earth to the Moon and Around the Moon. But unlike those two books, the main character actually makes it to the moon surface, although his two companions do not survive the trip.
As the game begins, Michel Ardan explores the space capsule in which he and his co-travellers arrived. The time period is the early 20th century and the interior of the capsule is depicted with plush velvet cushions, brass details and gadgets derived from the science of the time. Eventually, after discovering the cause of his companions' deaths, Michel can leave the capsule and explore the moon. Strange landscapes and unusual creatures and beings await him.
Eventually Michel will discover Selenite City, home of the Selenites, an ancient and highly intelligent lunar race. With each step of the journey, questions arise as to the fate of the Selenite people: Did they deteriorate, like so many of the statues they left behind? Did they leave the surface to seek refuge in the center of the moon? Once players answer these questions, they may find their way back to earth with news of their fantastic discoveries.
Intermixed into the story line are various types of puzzles that involve logic and deduction. Communications and finding important inventory objects to use are included the puzzle mix. You'll also find several puzzles based upon sound and music. Learning an alien language also comes into play. As you discover new things and solve the various challenges, you'll receive points that increase Michel's IQ. As that IQ rises, more complicated solutions become available, supposedly adding to the replay value of the game.
- "航行：儒勒·凡尔纳的启发" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "Жюль Верн: Путешествие на Луну" -- Russian title
- "Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne" -- Also known as
- "Voyage au Coeur de la Lune" -- French title
- "Viaje al centro de la luna" -- Spanish title
- "Viaggio al Centro della Luna" -- Italian title
- "Jules Verne: Reise zum Zentrum des Mondes" -- German title
- "Jules Verne: Journey to The Moon: Podróż na Księżyc" -- Polish title
- "Journey to the Moon" -- UK title
- "Journey to the Center of the Moon" -- Working title
- "Cesta na Měsíc" -- Czech title
Part of the Following Groups
|Original adventure freely inspired from Jules Verne||Robinet (42)|
The Press Says
|2404.org PC Gaming||Sep 08, 2005||8.6 out of 10||86|
|Just Adventure||Sep 21, 2005||B+||83|
|Adventure Advocate||Oct 01, 2005||80|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jan 02, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|Adventure Gamers||Sep 11, 2005||80|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 2005||74 out of 100||74|
|PC Powerplay||Sep, 2005||70 out of 100||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 05, 2005||13 out of 20||65|
|Worth Playing||Oct 01, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Voyage (The Universal Hint File for Voyage provide the solutions gradually in question and answer format. Viewable online or for download using the UHS Reader software.)
- Official website (This is the official website for Journey to the Moon, where you can find all sorts of information, get help, download the demo, etc.)
- Voyage: FAQs and Files (on GameFaqs.com)
- Voyage Walkthrough (by MaGtRo and Dennis Lepine)
- Voyage Walkthrough (by Malcolm Schmidt)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Journey to the Moon by Andrew Plotkin (September, 2005).)
Graphics Department Supervisor:
President & CEO: