DescriptionGamers met the hilarious Fenimore Fillmore about six years ago when he was the main character in 3 Skulls of the Toltecs. The story and feel of the game is reminiscent of what a western version of Monkey Island could have been like.
In the wild west town, townsfolk and farmers are being threatened and intimidated by one rich bad guy, Starek. He wants to own the whole territory and fully intends to take the land by whatever means necessary. On Starek's side are several key figures in town including the Sheriff and the Banker. Needless to say, the people are worried and need help.
In rides "sweet and scatterbrained" Fenimore Fillmore fresh from the trail. He meets the lovely young schoolmarm, and it doesn't take long before he is completely smitten. But, as he soon discovers, her uncle is none other than Starek! Luckily she wants to help (going against her uncle's wishes). Fenimore resolves to free everyone from the fiend's clutches - and win her affections at the same time. Defending them will not be an easy task, though. These guys are rough and tough. Fenimore must be rougher & tougher!
Fenimore will have many amusing wild west situations and meet numerous crazy characters during his 3D adventure. Most of the "puzzles" involve talking to characters and using inventory objects. There are several "action" shooting segments requiring precision mouse movement and good reflexes.
- "狂野西部" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Фенимор Филлмор The Westerner. Приключения на Диком Западе" -- Russian spelling
- "Fenimore Fillmore: The Westerner" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
|Wanted: This game in 2D!||Windows||Jeanne (75500)|
|Adventure-Treff||Windows||Mar 19, 2004||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Mar 12, 2004||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Windows||Mar 17, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|GameZone||Windows||Oct 13, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Over Online||Windows||Oct 20, 2004||78 out of 100||78|
|Playback||Windows||Jan, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Jive Magazine||Windows||Dec 01, 2004||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Netjak||Windows||Jan 20, 2005||6.7 out of 10||67|
|GamersHell.com||Windows||Nov 15, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Game Shark||Windows||Nov 22, 2004||D+||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe French localization makes use of top tier voice actors. This is noteworthy, because France has the habit of dubbing all English speech in films and series, which makes the voice actors almost as famous as the actors themselves, as most French have never heard the 'real' voice of people such as Tom Cruise or Julia Roberts.
- Jean-Philippe Puymartin (Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise)
- Céline Montsarrat (Julia Roberts)
- Benoît Allemane (Morgan Freeman)
- Gérard Surugue (Bugs Bunny)
- Marc Saez (Kiefer Sutherland)
- Patrick Borg (Angel and Buffy)
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Wanted (UHS Hints give you just the amount of information you need before final solutions are revealed. (Authored by a MobyGames member))
- Quandary Walkthrough (by Rosemary and Gordon)
- Revisitronic's "The Westerner" page (Official Home Page)
- The Adventure Company's WANTED (Official North American web site)
- The Westerner (Official German site)
- The Westerner (French official site)
- Walkthrough by Gamehound (Full solution on Gameboomers.com)
- X-Ray Reardon's Walkthrough (French) (Posted on Planete Aventure)
President and CEO: