DescriptionGamers met the hilarious Fenimore Fillmore about six years ago when he was the main character in 3 Skulls of the Toltecs. The story and feel of the game is reminiscent of what a western version of Monkey Island could have been like.
In the wild west town, townsfolk and farmers are being threatened and intimidated by one rich bad guy, Starek. He wants to own the whole territory and fully intends to take the land by whatever means necessary. On Starek's side are several key figures in town including the Sheriff and the Banker. Needless to say, the people are worried and need help.
In rides "sweet and scatterbrained" Fenimore Fillmore fresh from the trail. He meets the lovely young schoolmarm, and it doesn't take long before he is completely smitten. But, as he soon discovers, her uncle is none other than Starek! Luckily she wants to help (going against her uncle's wishes). Fenimore resolves to free everyone from the fiend's clutches - and win her affections at the same time. Defending them will not be an easy task, though. These guys are rough and tough. Fenimore must be rougher & tougher!
Fenimore will have many amusing wild west situations and meet numerous crazy characters during his 3D adventure. Most of the "puzzles" involve talking to characters and using inventory objects. There are several "action" shooting segments requiring precision mouse movement and good reflexes.
- "狂野西部" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Фенимор Филлмор The Westerner. Приключения на Диком Западе" -- Russian spelling
- "Fenimore Fillmore: The Westerner" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
|Wanted: This game in 2D!||Windows||Jeanne (75634)|
The Press Says
|Adventure Corner||Windows||Mar 16, 2004||88 out of 100||88|
|Adventure-Treff||Windows||Mar 19, 2004||87 out of 100||87|
|Gamesmania||Windows||Mar 16, 2004||85 out of 100||85|
|Withingames||Windows||Apr 03, 2004||4 out of 5||80|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Windows||Mar 17, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|La Aventura es la Aventura||Windows||Jun 09, 2007||68 out of 100||68|
|Netjak||Windows||Jan 20, 2005||6.7 out of 10||67|
|GamersHell.com||Windows||Nov 15, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameSpy||Windows||Oct 22, 2004||2.5 out of 5||50|
|1UP||Windows||Dec 06, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn The Nightly Moon, one of the newspapers available at Jackson's store, there's an advertisement that encourages you to buy the collector's edition of the classic adventure 3 Skulls of the Toltecs, another Revistronic game.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Wanted (UHS Hints give you just the amount of information you need before final solutions are revealed. (Authored by a MobyGames member))
- Quandary Walkthrough (by Rosemary and Gordon)
- Revisitronic's "The Westerner" page (Official Home Page)
- The Adventure Company's WANTED (Official North American web site)
- The Westerner (Official German site)
- The Westerner (French official site)
- Walkthrough by Gamehound (Full solution on Gameboomers.com)
- X-Ray Reardon's Walkthrough (French) (Posted on Planete Aventure)
President and CEO: