Not an American user?
DescriptionIf you like historical battles and are interested in the war with Japan following the Pearl Harbor attack, this game will challenge you. The game provides perhaps the most detailed information in any historical game to date... and this is not a game you can complete in a few hours. You won't likely complete it in a week of solid gaming!
The game is turn-based and based on the real battle with Japan. Ships, planes, subs, artillery, and other units are accurately portrayed in this game. There is so much detail that every ship and plane have statistics about any people on board that directly affect the ship's or plane's abilities. Ships have commanders who have names and can help you win the war provided you keep them alive. There are over 300 classes of ships in the game, as well as many other units.
The map is hex-based. Each hex is 60x60 miles and there are 148x148 hexes on the full campaign map... this is NOT a small map. Every major nation is represented in this game. If they were in the Pacific during this time, they are in this game. A turn is 1-7 phases depending on your options, and each phase is one day broken into two 12 hour parts.
The player is given as much or as little control over what happens as they like. Choose to only control the naval forces, or only the air forces... or, if you want a real challenge, choose to control everything yourself.
As the game progresses, you will have more options. Just as the Japanese started using Kamikazes later in the war, you will have that option when playing as the Japanese. When the atomic bomb was made during the real war, you will be given the opportunity to make your own.
Choose to play as the Japanese or the Allies. The game supports PBEM (play by e-mail), or head to head. You can even have the computer play both sides of the conflict.
Part of the Following Group
|Nice game, but takes too long||Riamus (8123)|
The Press Says
|Bovine Conspiracy (The)||Oct 16, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 2004||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Alternative History WitP Page -- This site is dedicated to gamers who have a desire to design and/or play "What If?" in WITP
- Andrew Brown's WitP Web Page -- Home of the Combined Historical Scenario (CHS) mod and some additional minor mods.
- Fremen's fansite for WitP -- Modding site containing new graphics for WitP (ships, planes) and the "War in the Mediterranean" mod.
- RogueUSMC's WitP Fansite -- The site hosts graphic mods, sound mods, custom scenarios, etc.
- Spooky's UV & WITP Fansite -- Strategy tips, mods & other fan-made information for WitP
- War in the Pacific - The struggle against Japan 1941-1945! -- Official Site
- War in the Pacific User Community Project -- Wiki for WitP
Riamus (8123) added War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 (Windows) on Aug 12, 2004
Joel Billings, Richard Dionne, Stephen Dyer, Gary Grigsby, Mike Kraemer, Russ Neer, Chris Rickard, Ronald Sueracker, Gaylon Williams, Paul R. YarnallScenario and Database Editor Design and Programming: