DescriptionExplore the Wuhu Islands with Wii Sports Resort, the sequel to the Wii launch title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort includes and takes advantage of a peripheral called Wii MotionPlus, which enhances the player's motion control in the assorted sports. Available in this game are:
- Swordplay: Defeat your opponent in two out of three rounds. Alternate between attacking and defending with your sword.
- Wakeboarding: Hold the Wii Remote like a handle, and use it to turn from side to side. Lift it to perform acrobatic jumps.
- Frisbee: Hold and flick the Wii Remote like a Frisbee.
- Archery: Hold the Wii Remote like a bow. Pull the Nunchuk like the string, and release Z to fire.
- Basketball: Lift and throw the Wii Remote overhead to throw the ball into the hoop.
- Table Tennis: Swing the Wii Remote like a racket to hit the ball.
- Golf: Hold the Wii Remote downward and swing it like a golf club to hit the ball.
- Bowling: Swing the Wii Remote as though you're bowling a bowling ball. Adjust spin and angle using the Control Pad.
- Power Cruising: Hold the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as though they were bike handlebars. Tilt to steer, and use B to accelerate.
- Canoeing: Move the Wii Remote from front to back as though you were rowing with a canoe paddle.
- Cycling: Alternate the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down as though cycling.
- Air Sports: Tilt the Wii Remote to move your body in the air as though skydiving, or hold it like a paper plane when using a plane.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
- "Wii スポーツリゾート" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Group
|A game with broad appeal, best played in groups||Condemned (70)|
|Another cheap Nintendo cash in.||AkibaTechno (228)|
The Press Says
|Giant Bomb||Jul 22, 2009||100|
|Cubed3||Aug 05, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Hooked Gamers||Jul 16, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Worth Playing||Jul 30, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|That Gaming Site||Jul 19, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Aug 07, 2009||84 out of 100||84|
|Cheat Code Central||Jul 23, 2009||4.1 out of 5||82|
|NintendoWorldReport||Jul 30, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|DarkZero||Aug 16, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamekult||Jul 24, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIt was voted #1 and picked by editors as Best Sports Game in 1UP's 2009 Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards.
Related Web Sites
- Iwata Asks - Wii Sports Resort (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews various members of Nintendo EAD.)