DescriptionExplore the Wuhu Islands with Wii Sports Resort, the sequel to the Wii launch title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort includes and takes advantage of a peripheral called Wii MotionPlus, which enhances the player's motion control in the assorted sports. Available in this game are:
- Swordplay: Defeat your opponent in two out of three rounds. Alternate between attacking and defending with your sword.
- Wakeboarding: Hold the Wii Remote like a handle, and use it to turn from side to side. Lift it to perform acrobatic jumps.
- Frisbee: Hold and flick the Wii Remote like a Frisbee.
- Archery: Hold the Wii Remote like a bow. Pull the Nunchuk like the string, and release Z to fire.
- Basketball: Lift and throw the Wii Remote overhead to throw the ball into the hoop.
- Table Tennis: Swing the Wii Remote like a racket to hit the ball.
- Golf: Hold the Wii Remote downward and swing it like a golf club to hit the ball.
- Bowling: Swing the Wii Remote as though you're bowling a bowling ball. Adjust spin and angle using the Control Pad.
- Power Cruising: Hold the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as though they were bike handlebars. Tilt to steer, and use B to accelerate.
- Canoeing: Move the Wii Remote from front to back as though you were rowing with a canoe paddle.
- Cycling: Alternate the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down as though cycling.
- Air Sports: Tilt the Wii Remote to move your body in the air as though skydiving, or hold it like a paper plane when using a plane.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
- "Wii スポーツリゾート" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Group
|A game with broad appeal, best played in groups||Condemned (70)|
|Another cheap Nintendo cash in.||AkibaTechno (228)|
The Press Says
|Giant Bomb||Jul 22, 2009||100|
|UOL Jogos||Jul 24, 2009||90|
|Gamer Limit||Jul 29, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|That Gaming Site||Jul 19, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Aug 07, 2009||84 out of 100||84|
|Game Shark||Sep 01, 2009||B+||83|
|Cheat Code Central||Jul 23, 2009||4.1 out of 5||82|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jul 24, 2009||14 out of 20||70|
|GameSpy||Jul 18, 2009||70|
|Gamekult||Jul 24, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You DieWii Sports Resort is mentioned in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by Tony Mott
- GameStar / GamePro (Germany)
- 2009 - Best Family & Lifestyle Game
Related Web Sites
- Iwata Asks - Wii Sports Resort (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews various members of Nintendo EAD.)