DescriptionCount Dracula has been resurrected and evil will reign supreme unless he is stopped. As Nathan Graves, you'll hunt down the Count and use your whip and a variety of special items to destroy his minions. Battle your way through Dracula's castle and rid the world of his evil once again.
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is the first of the series to be based on the action/RPG structure of Castlevania:Symphony of the Night rather than the level-based action style of all previous Castlevania games. Dracula's castle is a single continuous building, and as Nathan discovers artifacts within it he gains new abilities that allow him to explore more of it. While Nathan can only use his Killer Whip as a weapon, he can find and equip different kinds of armor and accessories that change his stats. Unique to this entry in the series is the Dual Set-up System, where a combination of two cards will give Nathan unique magical abilities. For example, equipping a fire type card with a whip card will give the Killer Whip a fire attribute, while equipping it with a summon card will let Nathan summon a fire demon to attack onscreen enemies.
There are no Wii U user screenshots for this game.
There are 45 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "悪魔城ドラキュラ" -- Japanese spelling
- "CV: CotM" -- Informal abbreviation
- "Castlevania" -- European title
- "Akumajou Dracula: Circle of the Moon" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Castlevania / Akumajō Dracula series
- Fictional character: Count Dracula
- Genre: Explorable platformer / Metroidvania
- Theme: Vampires
There are no reviews for the Wii U release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
GraphicsThe original Game Boy Advance was not back-lit, and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is considered by many to be the most difficult game to view on it. The game features detailed artwork and backgrounds, all in darker toned colors. Positioning the screen "just right" to see the game properly is considered much more difficult than other Game Boy Advance titles. This game (which was a launch title) is considered to be one of the reasons behind designing the Game Boy Advance SP, as well as several luminance peripherals for the original Game Boy Advance.
Related Web Sites
- Konami: Circle of the Moon (Official site.)
- The Castlevania Dungeon (A hosted fan "shrine" site devoted to all the games of the Castlevania series, including the GBA game Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Content includes game info/descriptions, plot summaries, various kinds of media (images, MP3s, etc.) and links to other Castlevania-related sites. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.