DescriptionKirby Super Star is a platformer in the Kirby series, distinguished by having an unusually versatile character, who can fly and gain the abilities of his foes.
The game is actually a set of seven main games: Spring Breeze, Dynablade, Gourmet Race, The Great Cave Offensive are unlocked at first, and later Metaknight's Revenge, Milky Way Wishes and The Arena become available, as well as a couple of minor minigames.
These are all typical Kirby platformers, each one with its own set of levels and different gameplay. In most of them Kirby can consume monsters and learn their special abilities, but in Milky Way Wishes abilities are instead collected in a manner similar to Metroid games. Offensive Cave features levels with various obstacles, hidden treasures and some elementary lever-pulling kind of puzzle solving. Metaknight's Revenge is the only game on the cartridge with a (fairly strict) timer. The Arena is a "boss rush" mode, asking players to defeat every boss in the game with limited health refills and on one life.
The game also has a two-player cooperative play option, which has given it a reputation of a party game.
There are no Wii U user screenshots for this game.
There are 57 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "星のカービィ スーパーデラックス" -- Japanese spelling
- "Kirby's Fun Pak" -- European/Australian PAL Release Title
- "Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe" -- Japanese Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Wii U release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|FNintendo||Jun 12, 2013||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Two of the game's bosses (Lololo and Lalala) are references to one of HAL Laboratories' earlier game series, Adventures of Lolo.
- The "Computer Virus" boss is a reference to the similar look and style of many console role-playing games. As you battle him, various status messages will appear in the text window on the screen.
- The ending of the game Revenge of Metaknight is very similar and possibly modeled after the original Lupin the Third episode ending animation.
Related Web Sites
- Kirby's Rainbow Resort (Fantastic megasite with everything you ever wanted to know about Kirby.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.