DescriptionAnimal Crossing: City Folk is the Wii incarnation of the Animal Crossing series. As in the previous version, players assume the role of a new resident in a town populated and run by animals. Players can interact with townsfolk, write letters, send presents, dig for fossils, fish, catch bugs, etc... Time in the game uses the internal Wii's clock and calender. As such, time and seasons happen at the same time as in the real life. Therefore, some events only happen at certain day of the week, or even at special day in the year (such as Christmas at December 25th)
Additions include a city center, with some new shops and some others which were already in the previous instalments. The game also uses the Wi-fi connection with the classical Nintendo's "codes": player are able to visit their friend's village. The game is compatible with the Wii Speak system, which means players can use the microphone to speak with each other.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
- "街へいこうよ どうぶつの森" -- Japanese spelling
- "Machi he Ikou: Doubutsu no Mori" -- Japanese title
- "Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City" -- European title
- "타운으로 놀러가요 동물의 숲" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animal Crossing series
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Genre: Simulation - Human life
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Official Nintendo Magazine||Dec 05, 2008||90 out of 100||90|
|Pelit||Feb, 2009||80 out of 100||80|
|IGN||Nov 16, 2008||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Play.tm||Dec 23, 2008||64 out of 100||64|
|Gamekult||Dec 05, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
|UOL Jogos||Jan 19, 2009||60|
|Thunderbolt Games||Jul 11, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Positive||Dec 05, 2008||5.8 out of 10||58|
|Retroage||Nov 13, 2011||5.7 out of 10||57|
|GameSpy||Nov 18, 2008||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Animal Crossing: City Folk (Official website (English/French/Spanish))
- Iwata Asks - Animal Crossing: City Folk (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews various members of Nintendo EAD.)